Security Installer Community

Hello All

Rob Kirk

Just introducing myself as I'm looking to start my own company fitting alarms and cctv.

Started working for a well known company in east london when i left school, left them in 2010 after completing my apprenticeship - they had me servicing 8 jobs a day then doing call outs all over london..got a bit too much.

Have earned a full nvq 2 and 3 full apprenticship in alarms (level2+3) and cctv (level 3)

Started helping my dad in his buy to let business but now the prices are too high in my area to warrant buying atm.

So now I'm not doing much, have decided to go back to alarms/cctv but part time self employed.

Would appreciate any guidance on getting nsi/ssaib accredited, i have fitted a fair few alarms for friends/neighbors so might already have the jobs needed just need someone to cover me when I'm on holiday and get the paperwork side sorted properly.

Anyway thanks for reading have a good christmas everyone.

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the forums.

Is your Dad aware of the forthcoming tax changes regarding Buy to let?

http://www.theweek.co.uk/66688/buy-to-let-after-the-autumn-statement-what-the-changes-mean-for-you

Many people I've spoken to are either not aware full stop, or don't see the full implications.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Hi yes he's aware, its about another 10k more on the stamp duty if i recall. Not going to put him off but he's hoping it puts others off because house prices in our area (essex london border) are astronomical, you go to view something there is 40 people after it all with cash all wanting to buy to let..must be all the lump sum pensions getting dished out and people not knowing what to do with all the money.

Hi yes he's aware, its about another 10k more on the stamp duty if i recall. Not going to put him off but he's hoping it puts others off because house prices in our area (essex london border) are astronomical, you go to view something there is 40 people after it all with cash all wanting to buy to let..must be all the lump sum pensions getting dished out and people not knowing what to do with all the money.

It's not (just) the stamp duty, there are massive tax changes...

https://www.unbiased.co.uk/news/three-ways-to-cope-with-losing-buy-to-let-tax-relief/3963

Of course if it's a large (>15 I think) or mortgage free holding, that won't matter.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Yeah, hes not got mortgage's on anything so is lucky. He doesn't buy to let much now has sold up all of those he mainly looks to do quick turnarounds but they are few and far between now as everyone is at it. Ill bookmark that and show him it anyway though, thanks mate.