Security Installer Community

Csl Dualcom Cs2300-R Vulnerabilities

Agreed

Stayed away from what technology?

Problem is, neither CSL or Intertek are going to openly say "The CSL CS2300 board testing to EN50136 had some parts self declared, including the encryption and substitution protection".

Testing the boards to the depth I tested them would cost between £10k and £20k. That's about one third of the cost of testing again. If you wanted the problems fixed, and needed in-depth advice, add another £5k at least.

I don't know if WebWayOne want to pass comment on the self declared aspects of standards testing?

Interestingly, since the research went live, two separate people have contacted me to talk about integrating the CSL protocol into panels. They were both shocked at how basic the protocol was, and how bad the documentation was.

I'm still finding it odd how little has been said by CSL. The post has far exceeded the traffic generated by Heatmiser vulnerabilities.

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

How would one verify that?

Almost impossible as a third party. As of April 2015, the latest firmware they had available for download suffered from these issues. They don't provide any release notes or changelog, so really hard to tell.

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/