Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9800 Bf Error - Can't Silence Alarm

pwatts

Hello all,

I have a problem with a Scantronic 9800 system showing a bF error and setting off the internal alarm all the time. The system was installed about 20 years ago, has been out of service for many years and my mother has forgotten where the main control panel is.

While we try to find it, is there a way of silencing the panel alarm so we can sleep at night! Disabling the alarm with our user code only works for about 20 mins before it sets off again. I know there are three wires at the back of the panel, but I am concerned that touching these will set of the alarm outside the house with no way of turning it off. Have been very tempted to attack the whole thing with a mallet, but know there must be a more sensible solution.

Any advice until we get it looked at by a pro much appreciated.

If you want to keep your neighbours as friends, I would call an out of hours pro now.

The battery is faulty, almost certainly dead after all these years.

If you find the main control box, and disable it, then it's possible the external siren

will then start to sound for up to 20 minutes.

Smashing it up, or disabling the keypad, will not help I'm afraid.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 7 years later...
43 minutes ago, richard1943 said:

I have similar problem. Can you suggest an engineer who serves the Bucks/Berks area please. My e-mail address is 

Sounds like an expensive bh weekend. we (as a co) wont attend non contracts out of hours and if you find one that does expect to pay £2-300 plus vat per hour. Id advise cut the internal sounder wires and wait till Tuesday