Security Installer Community

Reset/recovery of unknown code for "Security Maste

Guest jontelfer

Guest jontelfer

Hi,

I've moved house and there is a DIY-type alarm system installed. It has "Security master" written on it. I've got no idea about the access code.

Is this irretrievable? What's the best way out of this mess?

It runs from a mains transformer, has a door contact sensor, two PIR sensors and a box outside. There are three DIP switches on the side of the unit and two screws on the underside, presumably to fix it to the mounting bracket.

Thanks in advance,

Jon Telfer

Guest jontelfer
Well security master is a contradiction in terms!  :whistle:

Where abouts are you based?

27328[/snapback]

Hmm, yes I had similar thoughts. It looks like the kind of thing that is never sold full-price.

End goal is to try and hide the wiring which is snaking though the house. Obviously this could be done by removing the whole installation. It's currently on "off" if I cut the cables is it going to alarm?

Or, if there is an easy reset route, I could keep the alarm and route the cable through the floorspaces etc.

I'm in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.

This alarm is sold on ebay from about £30 downwards!! :w00t: and I think it uses non standard components ( only 3 wires to the pirs...) If you are going to the trouble of re-routing the cables , I would get a better kit , or , get a couple of quotes from a reputable alarm company.

Regards,

B)

• 2 months later...

Archived