Security Installer Community

Aritech Cp 42

matt6697

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a test measure for the bell outputs, if I close loop sab with the terminal to the right with the black wire, with the 4k7 resistor in series this should allow me to test the +/- bell outputs?

Tells you on the PCB

Earth

AC In 

12v AUX

EXT Sounder

Int Sounder

Hi thanks, yeah understand this terminal, its just the sab, and the other just need to know iun order to test it can i just close loop it or will I need the resistor in series with the close loop if you get me

Also I've noticed theres no strobe, thinking it may be a gd idea to advise them to get a new control panel, sounder, and new detectors and keep existing door contacts as apparently these were changed recently, just the only other option in my eyes is to use the existing sounder without the battery and close loop the tamper, or to put a new sounder on which has a strobe which doesn't operate  

Edited by matt6697

Hi thanks, yeah understand this terminal, its just the sab, and the other just need to know iun order to test it can i just close loop it or will I need the resistor in series with the close loop if you get me

resistor in series

Why dont you just set the system and see if the bell goes off once triggered, 

It's just I've got a job with this panel, everything seems to be working fine apart from the external sounder, noticed last guy wrote down the ext sounder battery was dead, looks like hes also close looped the tamper, & cable used is only a 4 core one!

tested system, with power disconnect, and battery disconnect ext sounder doesn't work on either 

SAB battery failure ?

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.