Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier88 Wintex Connection Problem

Hello everyone,

I have got my new elite 88, I tried with the USB com to connect and was successfull to read data
But have problem connecting with my premier88 I jst mange to get date of installation and then it shows communication error
I tried ##REMOVED## as udl password also tried tha last 4 digit of engineer password but no success

Do I have to remove main power supply ?

This is a system been installed in 2002 and i need to read configuration to pass on the new elite 88, can the UDL  be set to anythig from ##REMOVED## or last 4 digit from the engineer code..

According to the manual if i press ##REMOVED##

Thanks if you can help

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
No defaulting information or codes, please.

Sorry if this sounds like sucking eggs, but are you sure you have not confused the setup of the Panel Details in Wintex. Its really easy to do.

Selected Premier88 for the old system and Elite88 for the new.

Also select the correct firmware version for EACH panel.

If you have this wrong, Wintex usual reports "Incorrect UDL Password".

I believe on a new install of an Elite, you can directly connect using the UDL USB using the default PW. Once you change the engineer PW, the default UDL PW will no longer work, unless you set a new UDL PW. I can not remember its exact default behavior, but it used to trip me up. 

No I'm upgrading from premier88 2002 to elite88 2015

That's what I said.

I would say QXSX is on the right lines, but again you need to be careful when copying configuration over between different versions.

Download and save a copy, then connect and change version. Wintex changes how the data is stored on the panels memory in the backend.

Also, remember, its possible to Lockout the UDL after 3 wrong attempts, you need to wait the timeout or use a Valid User Code on the RKP to reset. I suspect, getting in a muddle with the setups will trigger this.

While I am a big fan of: "If it works don't fix it!" 

Q. How good is the current program?

Q. Did you® company programming the Premier?

Its surprising what you find during reprogramming!

Sorry if this sounds like sucking eggs, but are you sure you have not confused the setup of the Panel Details in Wintex. Its really easy to do.

Selected Premier88 for the old system and Elite88 for the new.

Also select the correct firmware version for EACH panel.

If you have this wrong, Wintex usual reports "Incorrect UDL Password".

I believe on a new install of an Elite, you can directly connect using the UDL USB using the default PW. Once you change the engineer PW, the default UDL PW will no longer work, unless you set a new UDL PW. I can not remember its exact default behavior, but it used to trip me up. 

Thank you all for your input

Correct panel with corect firmware is set for each one in wintex , and other company programmed the panel in 2002 and I do have the engineer PW that was changed at that time .

So I'm assuming that the UDL PW is the last 4 digit of that PW , am i rigt ?, unless a new  UDL PW can be changed independently  to the engineer PW !

I know it is not going to work to copy all settings from one firmware to an other but I just wanted to printout the premier88  for a quick elite 88 programming as per old panel.  (28 zones)

I was not aware about the lock out after three wrong attempt.

What about changing the wintex port speed from the default 4800

Edited by ladybreaker