Security Installer Community

Texecom Prem Elite 24 -Zone 1 Dead?

jkno

It's not picking up the 2.2k resistor just registering a fault with >100k oms.

The zone has been "Not Active" since install so I can't say whether it ever worked, the knight contact is working 100% now it's in Zone 6. I hadn't made the decision on what contact to use on Entry 1 when I setup the system so just used Zone 2 PIR as the entry/exit on timer.

Edited by jkno

From your posts you are obviously over and above the 'diy enthusiasts'. My suggestion, for what it's worth,would be to 'power down' and do a re-prog (that's not suggesting that there is anything wrong with your programming capabilities). Should you find that the problem persists on zone 1 after that, then you are entitled to a new panel in my humble opinion. Frustrating to say the least. Unfortunately, we've all been there at some time or another.

Getting my head around the initial install took a lot of reading. I did it for the challenge with something a bit more physical/real being a programmer by trade. If I wanted a truly secure system I would always get someone in who really knows what they're doing. Plan is to setup monitoring, sms/email alerts. I mainly wanted the fire alarms monitored, I'd rather be able to react and have a neighbour/family check before a passer by sees flames/smoke coming from my home and phones the fire service.

I'll try a full power down/factory reset just incase it just needs a kick when it's a more sociable hour. Sure the neighbours won't appreciate the sounder going off at this time when it picks up the panel tamper.

I doubt if Texecom can wave a magic wand on this one, although they have a good backup service, you've done just about everything. It would be appreciated though if you could let the site know the outcome since that extra bit of input can be helpful to others.

Texecom have confirmed it's a faulty zone. Need to get a replacement board, luckily it's only 6 weeks old so should be covered under warranty.

Not looking forward to taking it all apart and putting a new one in. Just glad I have all the config in Wintex.

• 1 month later...