Security Installer Community

Installer recommendations required

Guest ashenfie

Guest ashenfie

Hi,

OK, I believe you guys when you say installing a wireless system from B&Q is pointless.

I'm looking for an installer in the bedford area to install a good system. (I hope this is not a double post are my browser went wobbly)

The house if a 5 yrs old 4 bed detached with sep. double garage. It's not over large & typical construction for a modern house. The windows mainly face east & west. we have no pets & do have a conservatory. 2 kids need to use the system too. I guess that we need 5 sensors + 1 in garage.

Who would you recommend (not yourselves lol) and what kinda money should I pay?

Thanx

Alex :no:

around the £500 pound mark, although expect the detached garage to add a lump as they can involve a lot of work ie a one day job can become a two day job.

About £500 sounds ok. Ask a about a good radio panel - re the garage.

26810[/snapback]

Blue eyes, who is not from Leeds may have an opinion on that :lol::lol:

I dont personally know of any installers from your area that use this site regular (that dont mean there isnt one).

Anyway my point is try 2 or 3 local companies from your local yellow pages for a quote.

Look for well established local firms, i would avoid the nationals unless you dont mind parting with a lot more of your hard earned cash than £500 which would seem reasonable to me.

Guest ashenfie

Thanks for you help guys.

:D

I think £500 sounds cheap personaly, and would say from £500 upwards.

Im not sure I know of any co,s in Bedford on this forum but Alarmgard covers London.

Pete

26843[/snapback]

• 4 weeks later...
Guest soulfella

I'm in Herts and cover my home county plus Beds, Bucks & Northants. I'd be happy to come and have a look if you're still interested. PM me and we can have a chat.

Paul.

B) man some of you lot are just to cheap, without seeing it i would have put it about £600 - £650 maybe i,m to greedy but i feal the standard of my work would more than make up for the cost, Never had any one complain about how neat a job i have done,

Adrian B)

The house if a 5 yrs old 4 bed detached with sep. double garage. It's not over large & typical construction for a modern house. The windows mainly face east & west. we have no pets & do have a conservatory. 2 kids need to use the system too. I guess that we need 5 sensors + 1 in garage.

Just a quick spec for you as a guide, Guessing at the layout i`d say:

Front door contact,

Back door (Kitched side door) contact,

Hall Quad PIR,

Lounge Quad PIR,

Dining Quad PIR,

Kitched DT PIR, possibly Quad dependant upon conditions,

Conservatory DT PIR,

Garage DT PIR,

Garage up/over doors, 2X Industrial Door contacts,

Landing Quad PIR,

are the minimum requirement for sensors,

as for sounders:

Hall Speaker,

Internal Siren,

Bell (Front) & Dummy (rear),

You`d want something like a 16 zone control panel (for future expandabillity, and comms readiness), with an LCD keypad.

But for that sorta spec, expect around the £750+VAT mark..

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived