Security Installer Community

Texecom Wintex Comip Connection Problems

Hi,

I am in need of some help with the comip and wintex on my new Texecom Elite Premier 24 I have installed myself.  I have got it all working, with internal wired expander, wireless expander, dialler and 2 keypads and all good.  However I want to get all the options tweeked properly and it is obviously much easier via wintex.  I also want to be able to use the mobile app as well.

I can ping the panel, and can access the panel's holding webpage so it is clearly connected and I have the right IP address for it.  However neither my PC running wintex nor my mobile via the app can connect (which I think rules out any PC based firewall issues)  If I enter the wrong IP or wrong port in wintex it fails to connect immediately.  However with the right port and IP address it tries to connect, says "Status:  Reading panel type and serial number"  for 15 seconds, then says connection could not be established. 

I thought I might have set the DL attended setting, or another UDL option, but have turned these all off, ie no letters showing, but still I cant connect.  Does anyone have any good ideas, I dont fancy hitting factory reset ,but that is my next option.

Thanks

Simon

Hi

Check in wintex you have the Ip address and port number set the same as the panel and com ip address in the Edit account (panel details)

In wintex check your UDl password in the comms section options is set to the same as your panel.

Have you set up you panel with the com IP on com port 2 and is it programed in the panel and check your UDL passcode in your panel.

Was the panel powered down when you connected it. It is sometimes worth to power the panel down and back up.

I know someone is going to say why com port 2 (becouse I like that one)

Hi. Yes ip address password etc were all good. I switched the comip to port 2 and powered off and on. Changed the comip in the panel to com port 2 and then got a error message of com 1 error. I then tried telling the panel I had a comip on both com ports and strangely that worked!

Now connecting via wintex remotely, and working on my next issue with montex.