Security Installer Community

Gardtec 593 query - can you help?

Allso

This panel has recently been installed in my home.

When I unset it in the morning, the confirmation "beep" wakes the kids earlier than I would wish. Is it possible to quieten/disable this sound without affecting the level of volume of the alarm activation sound. (There is an internal sounder fitted to the system). The alarm installation co. say it's not possible, but Gardtec suggest it might be (they won't give me much definite info as I'm only the poor sod that's paid for the thing to be installed, rather than an engineer!). If I knew it was possible I could insist the alarm company worked out how to do it.

There should be a variable resistor on the pcb that controls speaker volume but not alarm tones. You could probably do it yourself if you feel confident enough.

Dave Oxendale

York based security systems engineer.

The conformation beep is linked to the entry exit volume and is programmed via the engineer mode. This need to be loud enough to be heard outside the protected premisses.

It may be possible to fit a rely & timer in the control panel to disable the internal speaker on part set/unset.

Trade Member

Thanks for the replies. The only thing that concerns me about decreasing the speaker vol. directly (eg with a resistor) is that it will be decreased for everything, including alarm activation, although I suppose that volume could be set to a higher level by the engineer.

What sort of resistance should they try? Does it just go into one or other speaker cable? If I got them a volume knob (ie variable resistor) from Maplin would they be able to use that?

The sounder is beside the final exit so even at a low vol. it would be audible during exit.

allso

Sorry if its unclear but I'm not an installer and so I'm probably not using the correct terms.

When you enter the code you get beeps and after the full code is in you get a series of three beeps to confirm correct code entry. It is these beeps that are too loud. (There is an additional control pad outside the entry zone which we use to unset the system without triggering the entry tone.)

Thanks for your interest

allso

Archived