Security Installer Community

Honeywell Optima Compact Gen4 Burglar Intruder Alarm Control Panel

gfarrel

Hello

I have installed an Optima control panel with one PIR, one door contact and a bell box for my garage. The panel has been setup with 2 zones (a door contact on zone 1 and a PIR in zone 2). I am able to set\unset the alarm, however, if I hide in the garage whilst someone else sets the alarm and they leave via the entry/exit door (zone 1) and then I move and get picked up by the sensor, the alarm does not trigger, but instead it triggers the entry timer (I expected the alarm to trigger in this scenario).

When I set\unset the alarm at the control panel keypad and then exit\enter via the garage door, I am picked up by the PIR, so the sensor is part of my entry\exit route.

I have setup program 1 as follows -

zone 1 = used\timed

zone 2 = used\inhibited

zones 3 to 8  - unused

I have been scratching my head on this one…an any help on this would be much appreciated.

cheers

GF

This panel has 3 programmes, each programme carries a zone type map, make sure the zone type is set correctly for all programmes you are using.

Yeah many setup like that, they want more money to setup part set aswell

Evening

Double-checked my program 1 setup and it's as I described in my OP -

zone 1 = used\timed

zone 2 = used\inhibited

zones 3 to 8  - unused

I performed a factory reset and reprogrammed, just to start from scratch again.

efficient_systems - Looking at the Engineer's manual, the zone setup is the same for all 3 programs, the only thing that I have changed on program 1 is to set zones 3-8 as unused and left programs 2 and 3 unchanged, is this okay?

Is there any else that can cause the pir to activate the entry timer when the entry route has not been activated?

Could I have a duff panel......?

GF