Security Installer Community

1 External Microphones To Add To Existing System With 1 Audio Input

Steven_W

Morning all, I've installed several cams with built in mics and had one instance where a customer wanted an external mic... I installed this under the eaves, it was like a mini BBC outside broadcast style with that wooly style covering on it.  None of my suppliers offer a dedicated external mic (Luxrite/CCTV Direct/Y3k/SystemQ).  The one I installed came off eBay as I couldn't source one elsewhere & it was quite expensive for what it was.

So I need 2 mics, these are going into an Alien Hero 8 channel analogue DVR with single phono input.  The distance from DVR to cams is about 10 metres on both runs.  I have contemplated putting the mics in the cable junction box as the ones from my suppliers are internal... not sure how long they would last though...

Also there's feeding 2 mics into one input... if I just splice them together or use a 2 x female to 1 x male phono joiner will I get audio from both mics?

Thanks in advance all..