Security Installer Community

Coax To Ip Back To Coax

bbmikeb

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a piece of kit that will allow me to convert 8 coax cameras to IP then back to Coax. Looked at a few encoders and decoders but none seem suitable.. Basically for a ANPR system when I have 8 coaxs which are wired back to a switch which is on a dedicated IP camera system. The ANPR PC is located elsewhere, my thought being to convert it to IP at the switch then back to anologue at the of (another switch is located here).

Any ideas?

Mike

Hi Mike,

To clarify, are the ANPR cameras and Server analogue and you need to transmit it over an existing IP network?

If so an encoder decorder system should work. however this would also depend on the bandwidth availble on the network and how sensitve the ANPR system is on video and lag etc.

Edited by DannyTheTech

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We only do single channel encoders/decoders, but i have seen multi channel rack systems availble at IFSEC from our friends in the far east, not sure if anyone in the UK distributes them though. We dont really get the demand for multi channel systems. (we used to do a 4 channel encoder, but its now obsolete as we hardly sold any). Might be worth testing a single channel unit first, just to ensure that he ANPR server is happy with the video etc.

cheers,