Security Installer Community

Galaxy G2 And Rf Portal

Hi All

I have a G2 system which has been working well for a year. Decided to buy an RF portal to set at night rather than installing a second keypad upstairs.

All connected up fine, added TCC8M RF keyfob to my user,

However on pressing set button there was no indication on the keypad that system was being set. next thing I knew the alarm bells were ringing and activated intruder!

Looking through the logs it set as 'Night Set' and not full set so when I moved in the hall way it triggered all bells, as have door contacts as entry.

Can someone tell me how you program the buttons to match the settings, so that the full set button does a full set, and the part set does part set settings so hopefully i have no more accidents waking up the neighbours!

thanks

The accompanying install document only details programmable as Alpha or V2.  It does specify a programming tool for the Domonial, but I would suspect that is at the panel side.  I've never dealt with Domonial, so cannot confirm that.

Haven't seen any supporting docs for reprogramming the buttons when used with the G2 series - news to me if it can be done.  I've only seen the TCC8M perform Full Set, Part Set and Unset.  If it was night set, then you should hear the keypad beep when it sets. Likewise, if part setting or full setting, you get the tones at the keypad or internal speaker if fitted.  The logs show as per the assigned user performing the set/part set and unset.

You havnt set the zones up on night set, if you got that far on adding a portal goto zone setup each one will allow you to set full, part and night as the remote is doing a night set you need to select final for each of the zones you set when night set, meaning zones that you would walk into by mistake if that makes sense

Pressing enter when selecting the zones attribute won't do it you must select the zone select ie final then press hash instead ,until you get to night set and select final

This will mean when you walk about instead of full trigger the timer will start

Aside of that as galaxy guy said Aslong as the zones are correct, then like he said after 30seconds silent count down you will get a double beep of sorts to say it is set

Then if you get up at night and walk to an area that is set to night (final) it will start the timer giving you time to switch off

Having said that normally upper hallway sensors are set to not active in night setting unless you have a risk not setting it

Hope that helps, what James said is similiar but that is on the dimension range where you have selectable zones for part setting , I think.....

By the way all of above can apply to part set on your g2 aswell I just assumed what you said was correct so just adjust zone settings for part aswell so when you press part set on fob and walk about they do all as above discussed

Hi

Thanks all for your responses.

The thing that baffled me is that if i do a night set from keypad you still get a countdown timer but it is silent, however, when I pressed from RF keyfob nothing was displayed on the LCD so assumed it hadnt set.

I'll hopefully get the part and night settings for the zones done tonight and will re-test but then all should be ok.

The keypad display doesn't show any countdown, but it does show up 'System Full or Part Set' at the point when the countdown timer completes.  You should hear the set 'double beep' from the keypad, but this may have changed in different firmware versions.  What's the version of your panel ?

Edited by GalaxyGuy