Security Installer Community

Enduser Access To Support/software

I would go texecom and look out for their firmware updates .

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Make sure your IP address is England, Wales or NI based when looking.

Now that's good advice actually.  I'm in England but live with poor broadband so have 3 x ASDL circuits bonded together using an excellent service from a company in Ireland so have an Irish public IP address (until they get their UK PoP up and running).

I too am a tech savvy home automation person (and alarm engineer by trade) and have a texecom premier elite 48 at home with an IP com module and rs-232 module which allow me to basically do anything at all that i want with it.

I too am a tech savvy home automation person (and alarm engineer by trade) and have a texecom premier elite 48 at home with an IP com module and rs-232 module which allow me to basically do anything at all that i want with it.

Thanks, I've emailed Texecom to see whether they deal with end users (because it seems that their software downloads are for registered installers only).

In relation to that model, are they wireless only?  I need a hybrid since I want to make use of the existing PIRs etc (hence the i-on40 choice).

The Texecom panels come with the software on CD, and if you contact support they will send you new versions. 

The COM ports use a fairly simple protocol which is documented but you need to sign an NDA to get hold of. You could use this to integrate to other systems.

I suspect Texecom are going to make moves to appeal to the advanced home users at some point in the future.

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

Thanks, I've emailed Texecom to see whether they deal with end users (because it seems that their software downloads are for registered installers only).

In relation to that model, are they wireless only?  I need a hybrid since I want to make use of the existing PIRs etc (hence the i-on40 choice).

its a wired panel, but supports either an 8 or 32 way wireless reciever allowing you to mix and match wired and wireless zones.

their wireless kit is called 'ricochet' and forms a mesh network, so the signal can bounce through all the devices meaning if you have a device out of range of the reciever, as long as you have one or two devices in the middle, the singal will get back no problem.