Security Installer Community

Questions On Dualtec, M12 And Odyssey

rs1800

I have some questions if anyone can please assist with any before I order.

I am using 3 x tritechs in house (a little ott but for pet tolerance) - I also have a conservatory that gets very hot but will not have pets.

Are the Tritechs a good detector for domestic use with pets?

Should I just use another tritech in the conservatory or would something like a DT7450 be better?

Has anyone used the Texecom Odyssey 5 compact or is it best to stick with full size?

I have 3 x M12 smoke alarms on 1 zone and my installer who usually uses EOL doesnt have much experience of fitting these. He was going to check but can anyone advise what may be required when using these in an eol system?

thanks

Are the Tritechs a good detector for domestic use with pets?

I would normally recommend perimeter protection for rooms with pets, especially for cats.

Should I just use another tritech in the conservatory or would something like a DT7450 be better?

K Band DT or I prefer a Super Quad PIR. I.E. Honeywell DT7550 or Optex FX50SQ

Has anyone used the Texecom Odyssey 5 compact or is it best to stick with full size?

I haven't used one but I imagine only the casing is different.

can anyone advise what may be required when using these in an eol system?

Installing them and wiring them correctly!

Ideally they should be on there own zone.

May not even be possible to do this depending on the panel and cabling.

thanks for response

when I looked it appeared the 7550 was the same as 7450 but added anti masking which I didnt think I needed?

The panel will be a 9651 and the 3 M12's will all be on the same zone set as fire zone. I have run 8 core cable everywhere.

thanks

Edited by rs1800

Have you run 8 core to each zone from the panel end?

If so I would recommend a bigger panel with expander module to have each zone on their own.

Maybe a Scanny I ON if your installer fits the scanny as their panel of choice.

!

I can do but its only my house and I was trying to keep the cost down.

The guy I have doing it used to install scantronic alarms and thats all he really knows but he didnt do fire detectors before.

Is there a way of having all 3 on the same zone (as I have all 8 zones used) ?

or could we just wire the tamper seperately? (on all zones i presume)

thanks for help

ps yes seperate cables to each zone and m12 detector

Edited by rs1800

The cost of a bigger system is not a lot tbh.

Fire detectors are the same as any other detector wired EOL.

Tbh if that's what you want and you have the guy to do it then he should be able to do the 2 wire install....not using resistors and wire everything at panel end. If you have all cables going back to panel then get the job done right for a wee bit extra cash.

!

Thanks, I have changed the panel in my basket to a 9751 and an expander so I should be ok?

Only thing I am still not sure about is which detectors to buy. Someone on a forum who was having false alarm problems with pets and quads had excellent results changing to the bosch pet tollerant tritechs. Possibly a little ott but are these worth using in the house where we may have pets?

Also can anyone advise what detector for my hot conservatory? (I have already wired for a detector and viper  so would rather stick with that if possible)
My original option was another tritech or DT7450.
sixwheel suggested DT7550 but I cant see a difference other than antimasking?
Any further advise appreciated

Thanks all for help so far. Very glad I posted here before purchasing wrong panel!

Thanks, I have changed the panel in my basket to a 9751 and an expander so I should be ok?

Well If you have less than 16 devices yes.

Possibly a little ott but are these worth using in the house where we may have pets?

I have used Bosch pet PIR's they seems to work but as I have already said "Pets == Perimeter Protection"

Also can anyone advise what detector for my hot conservatory?

sixwheel suggested DT7550 but I cant see a difference other than antimasking?

I actually said FX50QZ if you read my post again carefully. I have already answered these questions.

I actually said FX50QZ if you read my post again carefully. I have already answered these questions.

I do appreciate the help, almost there.

With regards the conservatory detector, you did initially suggest the 'DT7550 or Optex FX50SQ' and you have now suggested the FX50QZ.

I am left a bit confused as a 'newbie'. Someone told me a must have a dueltec although I see both the FX50 models do seem designed for consevatories. Is the SQ version better?

Its quite ironic that I initially had PIR's in the house and dueltec in the conservatory and now have exactly the opposite!