Security Installer Community

Sub Contractors

paul44

I don't disagree cubit but why is it still in the acpo policy if it is illegal to ask for criminal background checks?

You seem to be of the mistaken belief that the police know the law.

tho if we want this all,singing all dancing all qualified industry then i assume that wont include anyone without this magic qualification will be able to sub either,then the industry will follow and implement jib rules 17.3.2. 17.3.2.1 17.3.2.2 17.3.3.1.1 17.3.3.1.2 in its own version

If you could summarise the jib rules for us non sparkies?

You seem to be of the mistaken belief that the police know the law.

I'll email alarms admin and ask in what basis they are forcing us to do illegal background checks :)

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I'll email alarms admin and ask in what basis they are forcing us to do illegal background checks :)

It came up at work last year after an 'incident'.

It was made clear CRB/DBS check were not to be sought as the are no longer allowed  Bare in mind the legal team issuing the letter/request will have some standing.

Just checked again, and the one they can run is the basic check - only shows unspent convictions

Just checked again, and the one they can run is the basic check - only shows unspent convictions

That seems to be what the police PNC check always was whereas the crb was much more detailed. I'm not convinced that people with criminal records should be forced to disclose them, I always felt that crbs were a tad unair I'm that regard.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

you did the pmv's for intruder ?

Thinking back... Can't remember doing any for the main company we've subbed for but definitely remember being asked by a baby national (Gold) to do some servicing work as they were paying X per service.

That seems to be what the police PNC check always was whereas the crb was much more detailed. I'm not convinced that people with criminal records should be forced to disclose them, I always felt that crbs were a tad unair I'm that regard.

That's why it was changed

Basic - everyone can have this, even take one out for yourself

For the others, standard, enhanced, enhanced (barred list)

Then the job/role has to be on the specified list.

Too many companies were demanding them as standard requirement when clearly not needed.

Archived