Security Installer Community

Grade 4

topgunn

Yes, grade 4 devices exist. I've got grade 4 comms in every one if my sites.

Nothing complex about what to do for compliance, nor is any grade. It's all in the standard as to what is mandatory at each grade.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

What manufacturer does a grade 4 panel Matt?

Pyronix enforcer :)

I don't know of the top of my head. I have a file in my PC that tells me what grade 4 gear is available and from who. It's a while since I looked as it's not the market we sell to. If Adrian's on he might know off the top of his head.

We only signal on IP so we need to poll at grade 4 levels to keep the NAT session alive. GPRS can be flakey and without rapid polling we could never get accurate availability stats. Grade 2 polling could be in fault 23.59 a day and as long as that 24 hour test call is make it will show 100% uptime which is far from the real truth. Only way we can see the real uptime is very rapid polling.

I've got a webway we are looking at at the minute. Despite 6 cells being available it goes offline for 20 - 60 minutes randomly. No alarms can get through (GPRS only). Both grade 2 and grade 3 polling would report this unit as 100% healthy. Only reason we know it isn't is because we poll it so often. Not that anyone but me seems to care. If someone had a grade 3 comms device in there no one would know there is a problem. If there was an incident it would restore eventually and someone would eventually respond. Not good though.

Archived