Security Installer Community

Pricey Fire Panels

They say big boys don't cry, but I'm sure that would bring a tear to the eye.

which one?

Your lucky I can take a joke as this would never happen under Scottish independence.

ha ha lol.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Your lucky I can take a joke as this would never happen under Scottish independence.

Burning your ****, 13 pint birds, or coarse humour?

I'd say no electricity as you've banned nuclear... so that rules out electrical burns.

Coarse humour would continue as SBC1,2 and 3 would just show repeats of Taggart and Rab C all day...

13 pint birds would continue - increase in fact as 15 pints is the proposed daily free ration of Tenants Super.

CASE SOLVED!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I was thinking of replacing our old Menvier 2 Zone panel which is ancient, more imprtantly the tenants in the flats and shops have trouble resetting it when they set off the smoke sensors... (Doesn't happen too often) but some of them are scared to go near the panel. The buttons are absolute **** on this unit.

Sadly I never installed it, but there are around 12 detectors, one break glass and 2 big bells off the panel.

Detectors are daisy chained obviously (2 zones) with a 12k EOL resistor at the end of each run.

I'd really like an addressable system, but prices for conventional seem steep enough.

Am I right in thinking, there is no such thing as a cheap / decent fire panel?

Why are fire panels so expensive compared to burglar alarms when the technology is just as cheap and easy to make?

Am I right in thinking, if I use addressable, all the detectors will need replacing with addressable units?

cheers

Danny

I'm sorry but you don't know what you're talking about. You can get an 8 zone conventional panel for under £200 RETAIL, including VAT. That is cheap, dirt cheap for joe bloggs. 

You could probably get all of the work done for under £2000. Maybe even under £1500. Over the ten year minimum you would get out of your system it works out at about what? £20 a month? Over various tenants and shops that works out to nothing for a fully functional system. 

Archived