Security Installer Community

System recommendations

Guest DRW

No Chip

Just Personal experiances with em

As i've had LOTS of problems with them in the past.

I have explained this several times in previous posts and given full reasons why my views are like they are.

Anyway, I'm off to the factory for a visit in a month, perhaps they can change my opinions. :whistle:

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Have to admit to getting seriously fed up with the constant negative attitude towards Texecom panels, i dont know why people seem to have so many problems with them, i fit them everyday of the week and never have any problems. I suspect its just people, who may have had a problem with one far in the past, so have now decided to tar the entire range with the 'useless' brush. To be honest i wish you would just keep your damn opinions to yourselves, sorry it may not be as high and mighty as Galaxys, but at least Texecom dont charge an arm and a leg for its download software, and are not so picky on who they sell to.

Get a grip and stop being so negative about a brillant range of equipment

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

I think their problem is more with image than product quality - around here every scrote fits them mainly because they're easy to get hold off, so as a result we've never used their bells or panels.

However, so many people on here have good things to say about the premier range that there must be something good about them.

Also, through this site I found out about the Prestige detectors and have recently started to use quite a few quads and dtecs with no probs at all. They are actually a really nice bit of kit.

So while I still share some of Bellmans reservations, I feal Texecom have improved recently and seeing as they are a British manufacturer and employer I for one am quite prepared to give them a fair crack of the wip.

So while I still share some of Bellmans reservations

Not so much reservations, rather slate them at every opportunity

Mark Hawks

at least Texecom dont charge an arm and a leg for its download software, and are not so picky on who they sell to.

25139[/snapback]

Ademco are not picky who they sell to either - they may say this that and the other about having to go on a course to use their panels, but I found it to be just talk.

The rep who came to see me thought a lot about himself aswell, I would not have them back.

Ademco are not picky who they sell to either - they may say this that and the other about having to go on a course to use their panels, but I found it to be just talk.

Hmm well our supplier, (a popular outside activity) wont sell them to anyone who isnt on Ademco's 'list'

Mark Hawks

This supplier of yours, the popular outside activity, could this be same one who has been bombarding me with junk mail recently about big discounts and buy online?

Maybe they are not very busy then.

Maybe they are not very busy then

Dont think busy's got anything to do with it, i was told by them that if they sold Galaxy stuff to us and got found out by Ademco, there would be repercussions. And no we weren't trying to buy any, we dont use it, and no thats not me slating Galaxys

Mark Hawks

Maybe they are not very busy then

Dont think busy's got anything to do with it, i was told by them that if they sold Galaxy stuff to us and got found out by Ademco, there would be repercussions. And no we weren't trying to buy any, we dont use it, and no thats not me slating Galaxys

25155[/snapback]

have a word with the rep if you want any of their stuff, its easy enough to get hold off if you need to.

Have to admit to getting seriously fed up with the constant negative attitude towards Texecom panels,

Ah well, you'd better get used to it, I'm old and set in my ways. :)

i dont know why people seem to have so many problems with them, i fit them everyday of the week and never have any problems.
Bully for you, my shoes vibrate with delight for you. one day you'll have to work on professional kit rather than the texecom toys.
I suspect its just people, who may have had a problem with one far in the past, so have now decided to tar the entire range with the 'useless' brush.

used em for 10 years, had nothing but grief and problems, if you bothered to search through the forum you'd find a range of opinions on them (including mine).

To be honest i wish you would just keep your damn opinions to yourselves,
Sorry to p*ss on your bonfire but since we live in a DEMOCRACY I'll speak my mind whenever I feel like it, not when some forum newbie throws his toys out of the pram cos somebody has a different view on his beloved texecom gear. :lol:
sorry it may not be as high and mighty as Galaxys, but at least Texecom dont charge an arm and a leg for its download software, and are not so picky on who they sell to.

Not high and mighty, just BETTER. and the availability from every tom dick and harry is one of the reasons I don't like them. never mind, when it breaks down i'm sure your customer will be able to pick one up from just about anywhere to save having to call you out and pay your inflated prices. after all, the diy market has turned this industry to sh*te and your helping to contribute to it, well done and a pat on the back to you.

Get a grip and stop being so negative about a brillant range of equipment

25139[/snapback]

I've got good grip, one better grounded in logic and judgement than yourself judging by your pitifull and whinging replies, I'd suggest YOU get a grip and stop dismissing other peoples opinions just because they conflict with your own.

Yours in deepest contempt

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Archived