Security Installer Community

9448 Replacement Problem

Old Nick

Have just installed a replacement 9448 as the old 9448 keypad went faulty.

All is working well with the new unit, except that when entering through the entry door with the alam set, it only allows 10 seconds to get to the control panel before the alarm is triggered!

Have tried altering the entry time delay in engineering mode using 43 [return] 2, 3, 4 and 5 with no success.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Old Nick

your likely tripping a detector set to NIGHT.

have you got a motion detector in the hall, or one that looks into the hall through a doorway if not closed?

if so make sure they are set to an 'access' or entry route type zone, if your using part set then they need to be part set entry. so as you come down you start the entry timer - not go into alarm.

iirc zone 2 is default set to this type, not used scanny panels for many years so might not be exact terminology used

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I dont think the old original version of thd 9448 had a remote keypad option arf, but could be totally wrong. There was even a blank metal version, the 9448es, dear oh dear I think a 9651 was only about £2 dearer even then!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I'm rubbing my chin furiously, a long time since i dealt with them, my bad as now think 9800 was what had a later compatible + tkeypad.

Never used the 9448, imho out of date on day of release, other makes were far better value.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived