Security Installer Community

Bpt Intercom

Cubit

Saw it at the Came roadshow.

ROFL at the 'ipad server' addon which is clearly one massive bodge kept falling over.

Looks very nice but couldn't believe the prices - made Paxtons net2 access look cheap AFAIR.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Saw it at the Came roadshow.

ROFL at the 'ipad server' addon which is clearly one massive bodge kept falling over.

Looks very nice but couldn't believe the prices - made Paxtons net2 access look cheap AFAIR.

As i say, i didn't spec it - thankfully.

It's going in one of the most inaccessible sites there is (for visiting engineer) and high profile so should be fun.

I cant imagine you'll have problems as such, it looks quite sensible to wire up...

I beg to differ. It's like a bleedin jigsaw with all the various bits - especially when it transpires not everything was shipped.

The ip side of it ain't exactly streamlined either.  Not impressed so far.

Ok. I only saw it all on a board!

I suppose it's like most of the standard intercom stuff. Basic lay out fine when you've done one. But they seem to insist on everything being modular - in this case i mean everything.

It's by checking through the kit today and reading the 32 different translations of the vague manual did the ipad issue rear its head. BPT assume internet access. no t'interweb, no app.

We normally use a different brand of IP intercom. Leagues apart from this stuff. Unfortunately, it don't have an app. That said, using an app really does seem like one of those novely things that soon loses its appeal.

Archived