Security Installer Community

Ademco Accord 8 Alarm Won't Set Any More

andyfc

Just to finish off this thread I used the installation manual I found to re-program the Master code and Easyset feature and the alarm is working as it did before.

Thanks again for your help.

Andy

Just to finish off this thread I used the installation manual I found to re-program the Master code and Easyset feature and the alarm is working as it did before.

Thanks again for your help.

Andy

Well done mate.

Btw replace the panel batt though to save inevitable headaches.

Thanks for the advice on the battery, I assume you mean the standby battery which is in the alarm box connected to the PCB which I will just swap like for like.

If that battery did fail what problem would that cause apart from the fact that alarm would have no power if the mains failed?

Thanks

Andy

Thanks for the advice on the battery, I assume you mean the standby battery which is in the alarm box connected to the PCB which I will just swap like for like.

If that battery did fail what problem would that cause apart from the fact that alarm would have no power if the mains failed?

Thanks

Andy

Failed batt drags psu down with it, making it hard for the psu to run the rest of the system so keypad problems, false alarms and unreliability

Ensue.

When you change it observe polarity, red to red ect otherwise you will need a new panel!!

Archived