Security Installer Community

Risco Agility Zone Type Problem

riccochet

Hi,

Just joined so as to try and tap your collective knowledge.

I am not a professional installer, but I am installing and maintaining my own Agility system that I have replaced a Wisdom with. I am a microchip designer, so I am not a complete doofus.

Almost everything on the agility is working fine, except one zone and the fact that the "Partition 1" voice announcement seems to have been set, by the previous owner, to "The sensor above the fridge"!

My zone problem is that the hall zone is violated getting to the keypad either coming down the stairs or through the front door. Therefore I want to set it as entry follower for full arming but as entry for "stay" setting.

So what I want is "Entry Follower + Stay" - perfect, exactly the zone type I need.

Except that no matter how many times I modify the zone and set it to "Entry Follower + Stay", after I have exited the programming, when I go back into programming it is set as "entry follower", meaning that when I come downsairs, bleary eyed in the morning, the alarm triggers, because the entry zone has not been breached first.

I can set it to "Entry Follower + Int" to have it not armed in stay mode, and that seems to stick, but if the entry-time beeps do not sound I sometimes forget to unset the alarm, and so it goes off when I go into the kitchen, and I am very unpopular.

Is there some other setting that allows/prevents "Entry Follower + Stay" to be set?

I have experimented and right up to the point where I choose the exit option, and confirm it, and the panel actually changes its config, the setting sticks, but when it goes through that step, the setting changes into something else.

Any thoughts?

I am going to try *also* setting the S/N of the detector in the modify menu, to exactly what it already is, in order to try to get it to stick, but I am mystified.

Pete

Hi,

Just joined so as to try and tap your collective knowledge.

I am not a professional installer, but I am installing and maintaining my own Agility system that I have replaced a Wisdom with. I am a microchip designer, so I am not a complete doofus.

Almost everything on the agility is working fine, except one zone and the fact that the "Partition 1" voice announcement seems to have been set, by the previous owner, to "The sensor above the fridge"!

My zone problem is that the hall zone is violated getting to the keypad either coming down the stairs or through the front door. Therefore I want to set it as entry follower for full arming but as entry for "stay" setting.

So what I want is "Entry Follower + Stay" - perfect, exactly the zone type I need.

Except that no matter how many times I modify the zone and set it to "Entry Follower + Stay", after I have exited the programming, when I go back into programming it is set as "entry follower", meaning that when I come downsairs, bleary eyed in the morning, the alarm triggers, because the entry zone has not been breached first.

I can set it to "Entry Follower + Int" to have it not armed in stay mode, and that seems to stick, but if the entry-time beeps do not sound I sometimes forget to unset the alarm, and so it goes off when I go into the kitchen, and I am very unpopular.

Is there some other setting that allows/prevents "Entry Follower + Stay" to be set?

I have experimented and right up to the point where I choose the exit option, and confirm it, and the panel actually changes its config, the setting sticks, but when it goes through that step, the setting changes into something else.

Any thoughts?

I am going to try *also* setting the S/N of the detector in the modify menu, to exactly what it already is, in order to try to get it to stick, but I am mystified.

Pete

Hi and welcome,

Agility has many similarities to the Wisdom, but instead if self recording spoken messages you use a library, and several slots you customise using a phone.

Not sure if Risco Gardec will send one if your not registered with them as trade, we can only download it if we are which is free but the book has a charge.

all messages are defined from the library, Partition 1 is the default announcement for the default, but like all messages can be modified to say what ever, you might pick main house, having a second partition for your workshop or garage.

Just to be clear between Partition where this panel has three, treated as 3 separate alarms with a common siren and single/3 keypads. and Part Set known as 'Home' on the agility, where you will deactivate the landing, master bedroom to allow use if bathroom or other bedrooms while asleep.

You really do need the full installation manual for these exotic features on what is a very powerful panel, if you do have it look at i think around page 4 - 67 and Index C1-3 near the back.

engineer menu 5, where you select partition, zones, then enter up-to 4 x 3 digit numbers, and why you need the manual, which we are not allowed to send out

As for the hall this setting will disable the zone in part set, but allow you through after you open the front door

Interior + (OP)Entry Follower (OP means Optional, in any zone type if the device is in an alarm state as you enter your code it will not cause a fault condition)

Generally used for motion detectors and/or interior doors (for example, foyer), which would have to be violated after entry in order to unset the system, as follows:

"In Full set mode behaves as an Entry Follower zone."

"In Part Set mode,the zone will be omitted."

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

@arfur mo.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I have an installation manual (they are easy to find on the net although I know they shouldn't be).

I haven't got around to resetting the partition name, but I am quite happy with doing that.

The problem is that I don't want "Int+(OP)Entry Follower", I want "Entry Follower + Stay" (whatever it is called), because I *want* the zone to be armed when in Stay, but to *act* as an entry when in stay. I *can* set it to "Int+(OP)Entry Follower", but if I set it to "Entry Follower + Stay", when I exit the programming mode, it reverts to "Entry Follower".

Pete

very top of page 4-21

after each description it explains the action for that type of setting

or you could make it entry exit (op) 2 if activated first you could have a shorter or longer time than when opening the front door.

if your having a hall motion sensor, allow extra exit time for it to settle, on windy days it can cause thermal air movement, even up the stairs, and set the alarm off shortly after setting, experiment with 30 seconds which will usually allow for detectors to settle.

@arfur mo: Yes I have read that - that is how I know that "Entry Follower + Stay" is exactly what I want.

The mystery is why setting it to that does not actually work - it overrides it back to "Entry Follower".

Good thinking on the second entry time idea though. I will give that a go if I cannot solve this the "right" way.

Thanks

not disrespect, got to ask silly the stuff, after you display the zone type, are you pressing the hash key to confirm?

never had this issue other than with using remote software over modems.

all else fails their should be a number for technical back of manual, help us free but call cots are not.

Trying to set up the voice message, I discover that the table in the back of my installer manual does not correspond with the dictionary in the panel. That makes me wonder if maybe there could be an explanation for the zone type issue in there as well - could it be that panels and keypad for different markeys might have different encodings of the types ..... clutching at straws.

But when moving through menus, does the content of the menus come from the panel? If so, how does it manage to have menus before you have connected it to a panel (or does it? I cannot remember ...).

If not, then if the encoding of the selected option is wrong when it is sent back to the panel, maybe it defaults to a particular value.

I have noticed that when changing the serial number of a zone sensor, it resets the name field to something determined (it seems) by the zone number - for zone 6 it seems to be "06: CO sensor" or something similar, and sets the type to the corresponding value"

Archived