Security Installer Community

BT Inspiration

Nova-Security

Binned it, not worth buying a manual only had two of the feature phones, thought it would have done for new office might as well buy a Panasonic one instead.

29699[/snapback]

Excellent idea, KX-TDA is what you want. If you need someone to fit it.....

• 6 months later...
Guest MrMcauber
Excellent idea, KX-TDA is what you want. If you need someone to fit it.....

29729[/snapback]

Lurch, have you been on the Panasonic KX-TDA course at Bracknell at all? Thinking about going along but would like to know what to expect as information is a bit "sparse" from Panasonic or whoever I try and book it with....

Lurch, have you been on the Panasonic KX-TDA course at Bracknell at all? Thinking about going along but would like to know what to expect as information is a bit "sparse" from Panasonic or whoever I try and book it with....

52735[/snapback]

Yep, did it last year. I've had all my training for Panasonic at Bracknell bar the KX-TD and it's spot on. Free coffee, decent training rooms, people who know what they're doing training you.

The KX-TDA course was a 4 day course when I did it, most things were covered and although there have been 6-10 people on the courses there is a fair bit of one to one if required.

How much telecoms have you done, it's quite easy to just get lost and I wouldn't recommend it if you're just starting out in the job.

Guest MrMcauber
Yep, did it last year. I've had all my training for Panasonic at Bracknell bar the KX-TD and it's spot on. Free coffee, decent training rooms, people who know what they're doing training you.

The KX-TDA course was a 4 day course when I did it, most things were covered and although there have been 6-10 people on the courses there is a fair bit of one to one if required.

How much telecoms have you done, it's quite easy to just get lost and I wouldn't recommend it if you're just starting out in the job.

52748[/snapback]

Sounds good, I'm looking forward to it now! I think its a 5 day course now, mind you if its like most of the other 5 day course I've been too it will be a very early finish Friday!

As for my experience, I've been working on PBX systems for about 13-16 years, but because of the main environment I was in the system I worked on most was the Mitel SX2000 Light or SX200 - they are very popular in the industry I was involved in for some reason. Have worked on a Toshiba switch and also one called Marinex i think... Nightmare that one..

I'm going the panasonic route because I want to be able to offer decent systems to SMEs in our area (we've just had a big shift in our target market), the Mitel SX2000 is a bit OTT in that respect, not seen the new Mitel stuff but expect it is pricey (?). I'm pretty comfortable with the concepts of programming a switch with things such as trunk groups, COR, COS, routing and so on, but as you know everyone does it slightly different and I hate to flick through manuals in front of a client whilst trying to figure some minor "nuance" of one manufacturer over another.

You had much success selling and supporting the KX-TDA range?

I enjoyed it, used to look forward to the courses!

I've not done much on the TDA for a few months other than a bit of maintenance but I was installing them as 8+15 and above on ISDN30s with TVP200s and clients were happy. Lots of nice features from an engineers point of view. I think there's a thread in these forums somewhere from me with some details in.

From a sales point of view, we were selling them as part of a complete package with data cabling, IT equipment and support, office equipment and everything else so I don't know how they sell on their own personally. Probably dpends on your customers requirements and expectations really. I would spec the KX-TDA for most jobs now with the odd BT Inspiration\Gesko on the smaller jobs.

• 5 months later...
Guest Andy Macfarlane
Hi All

Does anybody have a programming manual and installation guide for a BT Inspiration telephone system.

Thanks

Hi we have just joined, yes we have the programing manual, but you really don't need it as it can be all done via the systems phone LCD display.

Please call 023 9223 2134 and ask for Andy and i can sort you out

Hello Andy

Welcome to the forums.

Just a tip :yes: you might want to remove your phone number from your post and change it to an offer to PM you for your phone number.

I get dozens of emails from end-users asking for manuals etc from posting answers about the Inspiration etc as this forum comes up on google a lot. You could end getting a lot more than one phone call for the manuals, if you do not mind this - then that is up to you.

Regards

Simon

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...
Hi we have just joined, yes we have the programing manual, but you really don't need it as it can be all done via the systems phone LCD display.

Please call 023 9223 2134 and ask for Andy and i can sort you out

Hello Andy,

I have just joined also, from time to time I have the need for BT manuals, no requirements at the moment though. If you are struggling for Samsung or Panasonic Manuals let me know.

Lee

Managing Director

Taylormade Telecoms & Data Ltd

Archived