Security Installer Community

When Is A Room Not A Room

When its a cupboard

But what defines a cupboard? I am having ongoing debates with a consultant with regards to this, the cupboard is less than 1m squared my design is L2 the cupboard is a stationary cupboard less than 1m2. He says the door opens onto the escape route I say the standard says "rooms" opening onto escape route not doors

I wouldn't be installing a detector in the cupboard unless there is a specific risk within it .

Maybe for what it's worth just put one in to keep them happy . The system would still only be L2 ( if that was the only cupboard with detection )

I wouldn't be installing a detector in the cupboard unless there is a specific risk within it .

Maybe for what it's worth just put one in to keep them happy . The system would still only be L2 ( if that was the only cupboard with detection )

I would do if they were not such ******s. For example the building was being refurbed with a new reception, the top of stairs to the basement is in the reception and is on the new drawing for the reception, but greyed out as it was not part of the new works. The drawings of the original building had the whole reception area crosssed out because of the new drawing. So the top of the basement stairs was not on either drawing given to us, I suggested as a compromise that we installed the detector for free but the customer pays for the detector. They would of paid for the detector if we had been given a drawing with this room on anyway, the fact that it was missed is defensable, he disagreed.

There has been a few other problems some that are definately our fault, most that are not. The consultant had asked for led indicators for a couple of voids, the panel is addressable so indicators are not needed, the consultant has said fair enough then can we have a discount (they cost £2.00 each) Fat bstard has made my life a nightmare, I have an idea he was pissed because we got the job instead of one of his mates

Archived