Security Installer Community

Texeco Premier 48 Exit Tones

bogbrush

Hi all.

First post, so please be gentle!

I fitted a Texecom Premier 48 a few weeks ago to replace an aging Scantronic 9800. The system is up and working perfectly, except for one thing. When the system is armed, I have programmed both the entry and exit tones to come from the remote keypad sounders only. This works fine, except that when I arm the system and open the front door to leave, in addition to the keypad tone, I also get a loud intermittent tone coming from the internal speaker that is connected to the panel. This only happens for the duration of time that the door is open, then goes back to just the keypad sounders for the remainder of the exit delay. I have tried various options to try and stop it, but without success so far. Has anyone got any ideas?

As a last resort, I suppose that I could remove the speaker, and connect a sound bomb to the panel instead, but I would rather get it working as it is if possible.

cheers.

Al

Thanks for getting back to me. Well turning down the advisory volume seems to work pretty well.

When you talk of switching the tones off in system tones, did you mean switching them off in speaker tones under global options? If so, then I had already switched off the exit and entry tones, but it didn't stop this happening. I also tried switching off service tones, but again, no joy.

cheers, and have a great weekend.

Al

you would need to turn off 'fault tones', 'service tones' gives the final beep noise when it sets

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived