Security Installer Community

BS4737

We only use Ademco panels that where originally IS199 conformant and Elmdene HS500 Bell boxes. I wouldnt be surprised if UK adopts Irish ideas of sealed contacts. I thought the irish were the backward race (no offense intended) but we seem to be leading the way in implementing the new standards now. By the way I used to live & work in Cyprus for a Cypriot company Standards WHAT standards!!!!!

Regards

Phil

20446[/snapback]

do you mean sealed plastic surface contacts?they are available here but don't seem to be widely used. Most heavy duty (roller shutter, etc) contacts are sealed though

If you don't know......ask.

Hi, Hoping someone can help me. I've installed/serviced alarms etc for around 5 years, but I have never really been given all the relevant legislation.The one I'm really after is BS4737 as I want to install an alarm for a friend, who is to going to be hooked up to redcare. obviously, He is going to get a NACOSS company to take it over, but I want to make sure it's all up to scratch. I'm pretty well up on DD243 and will be fitting a galaxy, but I would really appreciate it if one you guys knew of a (free) link(I've been to BSI page but it's 22 quid!! I only need it for one alarm!)

or had a copy of the standards even??!

DD243 would be nice too! :rolleyes:

Hope you can help

Thanks

Brian

;)

20074[/snapback]

With reference to the original post, I was just wondering if any of you guys that run your own company would be willing/able to offer my friend a maintainance contract and hook it up to redcare, but, could it be done so that i can attend to faults, service etc. to save him some money?

If it's possible, please let me know about conditions, costing etc.

Thanks

:)

If you don't know......ask.

Archived