Security Installer Community

Well I bet your customers love watching you work, did I say work? Sorry I meant reading the manual. That installs, notice the pun, great confidence I don't think. Not professional by any description.

Seriously?? Don't you get bored doing what you only know day in day out?? Where is the fun in that!

Seriously?? Don't you get bored doing what you only know day in day out?? Where is the fun in that!

The only way I can think of to answer that is, don't change profession and arrive at my house to do some work and expect to stay if you have to read the manual first.

By the way, didn't you read my first post?

One of my favorites is to arrive on site, 1st service following installation to find a control panel I've never seen / heard of before, let alone been given the manuals.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

The only way I can think of to answer that is, don't change profession and arrive at my house to do some work and expect to stay if you have to read the manual first.

So what do you do on a takeover for a panel you've never worked on?

Nedap Aeos is some interesting and good quality equipment.

Met with them a few years back but have never found the right project to specify them in.

Actually a lot of the access control systems we install recommend and use their long range reader interfaces.

I believe there is an approved partner / installer programme before they offer you technical support but that may have changed over the years.

Good luck :)

Nedap Aeos is some interesting and good quality equipment.

Met with them a few years back but have never found the right project to specify them in.

Actually a lot of the access control systems we install recommend and use their long range reader interfaces.

I believe there is an approved partner / installer programme before they offer you technical support but that may have changed over the years.

Good luck :)

Thanks jason.

You can find some useful information about Nedap Security Management -Support and training

It is correct we do sell via partner channel to trained installers and a program where Academy training courses form part of the partnership but if your company purchased AEOS equipment via one of our partners you can request support and manuals from them or you can also register your interest in attending and Academy even if you are not part of our partner channel.

Maybe you'd like to ask your company if they'd like to send you to an AEOS Academy but you can always call us and ask for AEOS support where we will be happy to assist and direct you.

Best regards

Reference the previous comments about reading manuals well my opinion is the manual is a great reference guide for those who have already attended a training course so I would always recommend you attend a course first then use you manuals as a guide. Of course if your company doesn’t invest in your CPD (Continued Personal Development) which they should if they value you and the quality of their business then the only option you will have is Read The Manual :-)

Of course if your company doesn’t invest in your CPD (Continued Personal Development) which they should if they value you and the quality of their business then the only option you will have is Read The Manual :-)

.. BUT not in front of the customer!

As an aid menoire only, NOT, as a 'teach me how to install it' exercise, that should be kept for the office/home/van/car, not in front of the customer.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived