Security Installer Community

Additional Voltage Free Output

andyh747

Panel: Scantronic iON40

I need to utilise an additional voltage free output to control an electronic water control valve from the panel. The water panel utilises a voltage free contact which can be either NO or NC. The problem is that the iON 40 only has two voltage free outputs which already used for the siren and strobe. Ouputs 3 and 4 are transistorised outputs giving 12v when inactive and 0v when active although this can be changed on the panel. My first idea is to utilise a 12v dc relay which is fed by output 3 with the contacts from the water panel connected to the relay output.

Any other suggestions?

Put the strobe onto the bell output?

I had thought of that idea but the panel has the ability to activate the strobe on alarm set. Obviously this would then also activate the siren if it was on the same contact. I currently use this feature as a visual clue that arming has been successful. However if I disabled this then I could put them both on the same output.

I think the relay sounds the best option.

as above use a relay or use the other outputs to run the bell / strobe and free up the voltage free ones

The sounder and strobe is an Texecom Odyssey 3 unit. Could this be moved from the voltage free contacts to the transistorised contacts without problem?

Archived