Security Installer Community

Any Adt Cctv Installers ?

emsgeorge

I have a customer who I'm quoting for in a couple of weeks, that has an adt leased cctv system - several statics, 2 ptz domes on external posts, and various redwalls and horns connected to an adpro and ds2.

Obviously the existing system is coming out - my question to the adt guys, is : exactly how much is leased - cameras and recording kit / adpro I expect to be leased, but what about the redwalls, speaker horns, cabling etc.

Just want to go 'forearmed' when this quote is prepared - we'd replace cable as a matter of course, as the last lot is at least 6 years old, but dont want surprises along the lines, if the camera posts go missing !.

Just want to go 'forearmed' when this quote is prepared - we'd replace cable as a matter of course, as the last lot is at least 6 years old, but dont want surprises along the lines, if the camera posts go missing !.

I'm curious as to why you'd replace (assuming its coax) cable if it's only 6 years old? Unless it's ran in like mince it should be fine.

If it's all leased i'd assume that everything would be coming down bar the foundtations for the posts. You might be able to get ones that fit the bases if you're lucky.

Its a garden centre. Cable has been run along the bottom of the fence lines, and looks although its had several species trying to use it as dinner.

One set of cables have been run along a wall that has cages against it, and I can see the braid in a couple of places where its worn the outer jacket off.

At that point, I decided its time to quote for a total rewire - that way, theres no issues down the line.

I did some subby work for an outfit that used leased systems once, removing them. We were always told to 'cut and gut' - cutting cabling right back to the walls, so any future person couldnt just come in and hook up with new kit, or even use the cable as a draw wire for pulling new in.

They want ptz's where statics are as well, so theres the telem cable to be pulled too for some runs.

Im going back for a proper quote visit, the first one was just a hello etc.

Ive said I want to see the paperwork as well, as he's not sure if they own it, or its leased, or part leased etc etc etc. (recent purchase of the business !)

Thanks guys for the info, any more appreciated !

i know its a seperate subject but my own opinion is that ptz's are less use these days unless you have an operative onsite controlling them 24/7

Agreed..

or you have lots of detectors triggering presets 24/7

i know its a seperate subject but my own opinion is that ptz's are less use these days unless you have an operative onsite controlling them 24/7

PTZ's are absolute pants unless there is an operative sitting there controlling them. Static IP cameras with in image zoom kick the backside out of PTZ's in 90% of operations. However the older generation still have a love for them as they are easy.

We've all seen incidents where it's in the screen, in the screen, in the scr.. ah wait its panned away.

Archived