Security Installer Community

Access Control Latch Fire Rating

SPS

I been asked if a Paxton easy prox nano has a fire rating. They are fitted to fire doors on a b&b bedrooms, the doors are clearly fire doors, but guessing they need to know on the event of a fire are the latches rated to hold the door closed under temprature (to prevent the fire spreading)

I asked Paxton this and the lady just looked at the spec and said 'it doesn't mention it so no I guess not'.

Has anyone come across this before or know if the latch is ment to have a fire rating?

I been asked if a Paxton easy prox nano has a fire rating. They are fitted to fire doors on a b&b bedrooms, the doors are clearly fire doors, but guessing they need to know on the event of a fire are the latches rated to hold the door closed under temprature (to prevent the fire spreading)

I asked Paxton this and the lady just looked at the spec and said 'it doesn't mention it so no I guess not'.

Has anyone come across this before or know if the latch is ment to have a fire rating?

or hold the doors closed so no one can get out and then they die?

or hold the doors closed so no one can get out and then they die?

I think the OP is more concerned that the fire is kept in a vacant room rather than people escaping from an occupied room. If you think about it logically you would hope that any occupants would of left the room long before the fire has spread to the escape route.

In answer to the OP, the nano is a surface controlled handle rather than the latch that holds the door closed, all the nano does is operate/or not the hardware in the door. And unless the door is read in read out the internal handle will operate regardless

Archived