Security Installer Community

Islington, Upgrade & Takeover

I have just moved into a house with an Initial redcare alarm system.  However, I have a cat who is likely to set the alarm off.  Initial do not provide pet sensors and will insist on telling the police on any occasion when the alarm is set off that it may be due to the cat (thereby deterring the police from reponding quickly if at all).  I understand that our current system would have cost about £2,000 to install but we cannot continuously lock the cat in a single room and cannot have an system which serves no purpose because no one responds on the basis that it might be a false alarm.  Are you able to suggest reputable and effective companies who provide systems incorporating pet sensors and who ideally might be able to take over some of the equipment we already have?

I have been looking at which alarm companies my neighbours seem to use and have noticed companies including ADT, CAS, Banhams (local I think), Telecom (British Telecom) and Abel.  I also wonder about Britannia and Norbain?  I am happy to pay what it takes to adapt/upgrade our system and, if necessary, will take the opportunity to put in more advanced equipment but perhaps we may be able to retain the control panel, box etc and just replace the sensors?  I am keen to be securely protected and had I been able to fully take on the system the previous owner had installed in our house I would have had redcare (seems like a good thing?)

Leave your Details here or PM me.

Redcare so SSAIB or NSI only please....

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

get //.National Installer.// to quote,also own telecom/britannia and cas i think,will match and beat INITIAL,tho a good company they are try //.National Installer.//...

Ask to speak to Initials Branch Manager for your area and let him know that you are considering getting the system stripped out unless they upgrade the detectors to pet detectors. I am sure if he is a good manager worth his salt he will change the detectors for you to keep a customer. If not hes in the wrong job.

cheers Kev

also own telecom/britannia and cas i think
I thought that SECOM had bought out Britannia a few years ago..?

Also advised her to speak to Initials Branch Manager for her area..:)

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

19822[/snapback]

had loads of britannia jobs under the *** banner may have been takeovers??dont know!!but they go back along way..

19822[/snapback]

had loads of britannia jobs under the *** banner may have been takeovers??dont know!!but they go back along way..

19824[/snapback]

//.National Installer.// bought out brittania before they gobbled up modern security systems / modern alarms / ash group

With reference to the cat problem, i don't blame initial for not wanting to install pet tolerant detectors because thats all they are - not pet immune. If the price is right then any company could modify the existing system to upgrade to a fully compliant dd243 system with dual perimeter protection. The cost would obviously depend upon how many rooms the cat would be limited to. At the end of the day we are Security Professionals, and as such recommend the best security solution. The client ultimately makes the decision of the level of protection in his/her property usually balancing between cost / reliability and security level.

Mister G

19822[/snapback]

19824[/snapback]

//.National Installer.// bought out brittania before they gobbled up modern security systems / modern alarms / ash group

With reference to the cat problem, i don't blame initial for not wanting to install pet tolerant detectors because thats all they are - not pet immune. If the price is right then any company could modify the existing system to upgrade to a fully compliant dd243 system with dual perimeter protection. The cost would obviously depend upon how many rooms the cat would be limited to. At the end of the day we are Security Professionals, and as such recommend the best security solution. The client ultimately makes the decision of the level of protection in his/her property usually balancing between cost / reliability and security level.

19826[/snapback]

sorry i was referrinig to old *** security systems with regards britannia

Initial would probably install aritech pet imune dualtechs if you went straight to branch manager, as i have sold them when i was sales engineer fro a branch.

But it would be alot easier if you kept the cats in one room, also save u money!

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Archived