Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9448+....is It Now Dead?

thedcman

I have a Scantronic 9448+ control panel controlling 3 infrared detectors ,2 windows contacts, and 2 entry/exit points. All the detectors are wired to the panel. The system is well over 10 years old.

A few days ago, I switched on my bedroom lights and they failed to come on as if the bulb had blown. I then noticed all the upstairs lights were not working and realized that the circuit on the main electricity control panel had tripped.

I checked and sure enough the main electricity panel circuit had tripped. When I flipped back up the main electric control circuit, all the tamper lights on the scantronic panel lit up to red, but neither the alarm outside bell nor internal sounder made any sound.

When I keyed in the code to reset the alarm, nothing happens, i.e all the tamper lights still remained lit, no sound is emitted from the internal sounder or outside bell and no beeps are emitted from the panel as I key in each number of the code.

I left it for a few days before I was able to follow it up.

Now, no lights i.e no tamper or even the normal yellow light that shows the alarm panel is getting power and working, are lit at all .

The alarm is powered via a non-switched fused spur from the panel. I opened the alarm panel, and neither the tamper or outside bell rang. I checked the battery with a multimeter and it seemed very low i.e it measured around 2 volts.

I changed the fuse in the spur and it has had no effect.

It looks totally dead and no sound whatever beeps, sounder,bell is being emitted. I would have thought that at least the outside bell would have rung at some stage but it has not.

Does this mean the panel is no longer working and needs to be replaced?

If yes, will the outside bell need replacing as well?

Also can anyone recommend a good replacement control panel that

1. would work with my existing wired detectors or would I have to replace these if I change the control panel?

2. can send SMS alerts without having an analogue telephone line plugged into it

3. can also be used with wireless detectors

Thanks .

They are pretty hardy tbh. I'd be looking at checking the internal 1A AUX fuse, replacing the battery. So, power down the system, check all internal fuses, replace if blown, then power up off battery, it *should* go into alarm, if so, tap in user code to silence. Now shut lid, add mains, tap in code again, only lights now present should be power, and possible an unset/day light depending what version it is.

Archived