Security Installer Community

Zone Tamper 01-04 - Problem With Scantronic 9651

ov to zones 1-4 short...?

Not sure what 'ov to zones 1-4 short...?' means?

With none of the wires connected at either end of the zone causing problems, I found that there was resistance between blue and white and red and white. So I assume the blue and red are touching each other inside the white sheath.

I cannot get another wire to run through the house without taking the house apart, so will have another go using FSL rather than CCL. That way I can discard the white and blue cables that I used for the tamper loop, and still use the remaining 4 wires in the existing cable.

cheers,

Martin.

Might be worth getting a pro in now?

I had a quote for £792 (£660 + VAT.

This included installation of all the following on existing cabling:

1 x Scantronic 9651

1 x Keypad 9943

4 x Bosch Blue Line ISM-BLD1-P Pet Friendly TriTech Detector(ISM-BLD1-P-F4)

1 x Panic Alarm

1 x Magnetic contact on door.

1 x External Warning Device

1 x New Battery

I bought all of this for just over £200.

This means a saving of approximately £600.

This took me about 4 days because of this problem. If this problem didn't exist it would have taken 2 days. I managed it all, but didn't bother with the magnetic door switch.

I certainly couldn't earn £600 cash after tax in 2 days, and would struggle to do it in 4 days, so a good decision. It all works now, although the problem zone is not connected to the tamper circuit.

The cost is the main reason why I didn't call a pro out. I know that one issue is that it is not certified, so will not help reduce my insurance. I haven't insured the house, so not too worried about that.

I did a degree in Electronic Engineering, so fancied the challenge and thoroughly enjoyed the project.

I also like the fact that I understand how it works now, so if anything fails I have not got to get an engineer out.

I did tidy up the cabling a little since the photo. This was in a mess because of the testing that I had done.

Thanks for all your help.

No problem, so is it sorted now?

I'd say it was a *little* pricey if using existing cabling. We'd have probably quoted that for a fresh install (NSI gold co)

The £600 isn't clear profit btw. Over heads (vans/office/staff), NSI cert, 24hr call out add to that. Dont just think its all that in his back pocket ;):)

No problem, so is it sorted now?

I'd say it was a *little* pricey if using existing cabling. We'd have probably quoted that for a fresh install (NSI gold co)

The £600 isn't clear profit btw. Over heads (vans/office/staff), NSI cert, 24hr call out add to that. Dont just think its all that in his back pocket ;):)

All sorted now.

To me the £600 is pure profit as I have no overheads. I also don't pay tax on it, which is so valuable. That is like £1000 to me before tax.

I totally understand the overheads etc, and the certification etc, I don't think there was any 24 hour call out.

Archived