Security Installer Community

99651 Partial Set - No Instructions In Installer Guide

nadimaj

I have a 9651EN backend station with 9940 keypad which I’d like to configure ‘partial set’ on, however the installation manual does not cover this topic. It merely mentions that it is possible. I have both the pdf and printed versions. Simply, I want to be able to configure SET B to only trigger the alarm if an intrusion occurs in zones 1, 2 and 3 (i.e. for monitoring 3 door contacts downstairs during the night). Please could anyone outline the steps for me.

Thanks

Just to add, I installed the system myself and therefore assigned all codes (engineer, master etc) myself. Wherever I look online, partial sets seem to be a big selling point of these units but this most basic of instructions cannot be found in the guides.

Aaaah, which I don't have! :(

Photos of the pages in an email please? :P

I'd be very grateful for this mate, no immediate hurry. Want to fix all next weekend hopefully.

nadimaj@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot!

Sorry, you need:

INSTALLATION AND

PROGRAMMING GUIDE

HARDWIRED

CONTROL UNIT

I managed to do it. It was, as I imagined extremely simple but lack of wording around what commands to press and how it all worked didn't help.

1.) Enter installer mode

2.) Select the zone which you wish to enable for SET B (by default none are enabled for B, C or D)...Example, I want to enable zone 8 for SET A and B, so I press 08 and then tick.

3.) The friendly name of the zone is displayed, press tick again

4.) On the next page you'll see some attributes associated with that zone, including the letter 'a' (in lower case). Simply press B, then 'b' will be displayed next to 'a'.

5.) Press tick again

6.) Leave installer mode

Now when you type your pin and press B, it will enable only zone 08.

PS: Don't forget to set other options associated with B set (delay, how an alarm is treated etc). Funnily enough, all B Set commands are discussed at length but you can't see the results until you do the above on at least one zone! :ranting:

Archived