Security Installer Community

Visonic Powermax

patronltd

Morning,

Just a quick question, Has anybody dealt with the new Visonic PowerMax? I've heard a lot about it and was wondering if any of you guys had used it? If so would you recommend it?

Have a good day

Jay :D

Morning,

Just a quick question, Has anybody dealt with the new Visonic PowerMax? I've heard a lot about it and was wondering if any of you guys had used it? If so would you recommend it?

Have a good day

Jay :D

Which one, Powermax Complete, Powermax Express, Powermax PRO ? None of them are new, but all pretty good and reliable, although a bit DIY-ish.

If it's the new 2 way affair, its not a Powermax, it's called the Visonic PowerMaster 10, not powermax and it hasn't been released in the UK yet.

Personally I would recommend the Pyronix/Castle Enforcer if you really need to go wireless.

• 3 months later...

I have fitted a few Visonic Powermax panels, setting up the detectors, contacts & sounders is pretty fast & simple. Panel, keypad, 2x sirens, 14 detectors, 3 contacts installed easy in a day by one man, but the zone programming for part-setting takes a bit of getting your head round as the manual isn't very clear.

And have had issues with the siren batteries dying early (within a year) and the lithiums they supply are not re-chargeable and expensive to replace. The manual says they should last 3 years but they didn't. Also they died without any internal warning to the clients and no log entry of this happening, the only obvious sign of this was the flashing leds on the siren went out.

Rob Stockley

The Park Security

Also they died without any internal warning to the clients and no log entry of this happening, the only obvious sign of this was the flashing leds on the siren went out.

Would normally switch off the "Keep LED Alive" on the external.

Them bell battery are expensive.

There not two way panels so battery faults may happen unreported.

Archived