Security Installer Community

Premier24 - Areas?

faugaballa

Hi Folks,

Have a Premier24 with 5 PIRs in House set for Confirmed Alarm,

ie, two different PIRs/Zones must be activated within specified time window to activate panel output nr 7

which I've then linked to a Dialler and to various lights vial relays.

I now want to include an outbuilding which has 3 non-conected rooms each only accesible from the outside.

As the P24 doesn't seem to support different Areas (with different criteria) question is -

In order to get an alarm if any ONE of the outbuilding rooms was broken into,

am I obliged to (Globally) change from the desirable Confirmed Alarm currently set up for the main house?

Any thoughts?

You would have to protect the areas (each room) with two zones (devices) if you want to keep the confirmed alarm signalling (this is what confirmed is really for).

A Premier 24 is not designed to setup different attributes for areas, due to it only having one area and three part sets.

You would have to protect the areas (each room) with two zones (devices) if you want to keep the confirmed alarm signalling (this is what confirmed is really for).

A Premier 24 is not designed to setup different attributes for areas, due to it only having one area and three part sets.

Yes, I'd kinda come to that conclusion and, trouble is, I've only got two Cat5e cables + one pair from a tel cable to play with.

I hate to upset you further but you shouldn't use Cat 5 (or any solid cored) cable for alarm systems.

What about a zone expander?

:gimme:

I hate to upset you further but you shouldn't use Cat 5 (or any solid cored) cable for alarm systems.

What about a zone expander?

No, U'll not upset me at all!

Well when I laid the Cat5 stuff I wasn't thing about using it for an alarm Sys.

Why would it matter whether solid or flex anyway?

Except maybe more likely to break at terminals but then telephone wire is always solid

Why would it matter whether solid or flex anyway?

Except maybe more likely to break at terminals but then telephone wire is always solid

Phone and Comms cable is solid for endless reasons and alarm cable is stranded for endless reasons.

This is why cables are made for purpose.

Archived