Security Installer Community

Cctv Quotes

Hi, I was wondering if most guys spend the time going out and giving cctv quotes for home systems , as it seems like a lot of wasted time and effort as you are obviously not going to get every job you quote for ?

Also has anyone had any experience of using a finance company to bring the initial cost down to the customer, is it a good way of working ?

Has anyone had problems with this approach ?

We do very little domestic cctv, most enquires dont get past the initial phone call.

You get the nutters with neighbour disputes etc.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

As RichL says most domestics i find the neighbour disputes and we stay well clear as its not worth the hassle.

We only do new builds that customers have requested to look over driveway, back garden etc.

As for finance, its good as when the job is done and signed of you receive the money.

The maintenance is seperate so you have revenue year by year.

Again we find that this only happens on big sites with 10 cameras or more.

!

With the price of CCTV these days, I don't think many finance companies would be interested in offering the funds for a typical domestic install. That and the service element make it too easy for the end user to claim dissatisfaction and not sign the completion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I was wondering if most guys spend the time going out and giving cctv quotes for home systems , as it seems like a lot of wasted time and effort as you are obviously not going to get every job you quote for ?

Also has anyone had any experience of using a finance company to bring the initial cost down to the customer, is it a good way of working ?

Has anyone had problems with this approach ?

you can see them winch when you give them the estimate, id say finance company could get messy

Archived