Security Installer Community

Ma Load On Panel

Hi folks (again! Posted today already),

I'm 'firing up' an Accord XPC panel in my shed, to which I want to connect an internal siren SAB, standard internal siren and two strobes... however, I'm worried about over loading the panel!

According to the info, 250mA is available for bell output and 250 mA for strobe output. My problem is that in the panel, there are connections for the bell and strobe (SAB connections) but also, there is a trigger output... just wondering where you guys would connect the above mentioned items to, to ensure I'm not overloading one particular fuse?

The SAB siren is rated at 260mA, the siren (bell) at 70 mA and the two strobes at (I think) 180 mA each (could be wrong, they may be less, will have to check, sorry).

Any help from the experts much appreciated!

:hmm:

Hi folks (again! Posted today already),

I'm 'firing up' an Accord XPC panel in my shed, to which I want to connect an internal siren SAB, standard internal siren and two strobes... however, I'm worried about over loading the panel!

According to the info, 250mA is available for bell output and 250 mA for strobe output. My problem is that in the panel, there are connections for the bell and strobe (SAB connections) but also, there is a trigger output... just wondering where you guys would connect the above mentioned items to, to ensure I'm not overloading one particular fuse?

The SAB siren is rated at 260mA, the siren (bell) at 70 mA and the two strobes at (I think) 180 mA each (could be wrong, they may be less, will have to check, sorry).

Any help from the experts much appreciated!

:hmm:

Sorry, I meant to state the bell output as being 500mA, NOT 250mA!!!

• 1 month later...

bit overkill for a shed? either set the bell to SCB or fit a psu and trigger ½ from the panel.

I agree. For the cost of a 1a PSU its worth sticking one next to the panel. If you ever do have a problem and burn out a PSU better the cheap PSU than buying, installing and programming a new panel, no matter how small the installation.

I'd sack the SAB and stick a Master Blaster in there! :fear: :fear: :fear:

"They put me in a box with my coat on! I know it doesn't sound much.."

I agree. For the cost of a 1a PSU its worth sticking one next to the panel. If you ever do have a problem and burn out a PSU better the cheap PSU than buying, installing and programming a new panel, no matter how small the installation.

Well that's a daft idea, power cut = no noise

If you must, Master Blaster & SA.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Well that's a daft idea, power cut = no noise

If you must, Master Blaster & SA.

It was a joke. Someone said the install was overkill I was just keeping it going :gimme:

"They put me in a box with my coat on! I know it doesn't sound much.."

I've only just got around to doing this project! Been so busy. Good job the burglars have been busy elsewhere, otherwise I'd not be laughing! I agree with the PSU advice, I'll put one in! Regarding the master blaster, I guess Mr B. Urglar would experience new highs with it...!

Archived