Security Installer Community

Honeywell Galaxy Dimension Wiring Help

hi all hope you are all well.

i am in the process of installing a galaxy dimension and come across a prob when i tryed to get the control panel to find the other rio's on the network.

the panel is showing that the rio's are not there on the rs485 network. i have used cat5 to link them as i was told this was ok by a honeywell trainer/rep.

I have used 1 pair for the date A/B and used basic alarm cable for the + and - and i have fitted the resistor at the end of the network and set the rio's addresss from 0,1,2,3. i have had the main panel powered down afew times to get it to scan the network for anything new but the panel after startup still shows nothing other than the 2 inbuilt rio's

any help and advice would be very welcome.

Thanks Dan

Ah so your looking at 20xx, therefore the addresses are ok. Do you have the RKP's looped through also? If so are they working correctly? What are the led's doing in the rio's. Cant see the cat 5 causing a problem, however we use Belden....

No I mean are there any keypads wired off line 2, and if so are they working? You can tell straight away if a rio's happy by the status led. As said, maybe add them live, (just take any detector load off them) escape from eng then it should show new device added etc. Also the way you've wired them seems abit **** about face, not sure why you've wired the data in cat 5 yet the power in alarm cable? Was there a reason for that? Have you checked for any data to 0v shorts etc?

You fit any Premiers?

hi all. I have tryed logging out of eng and it then checks for tampers and still only finds rio 0 on the network and fails to find the others

i was told by a honeywell trainer/rep that you can use cat5 for the data as it being a twisted pair. the keypad is on network 1.

prove the rio's by using fly lead to make up network next to panel on the floor.

add one at at time untill you have a full network of correctly addressed itmes working. Then bell out field wiring & add your known good rios back on network one at a time.

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived