Security Installer Community

Still Stuck Gardtec Rkp

OK now I am completely confused

Gardtec 595 panel set up with 2 areas. Tried to test setting ony area 1 (from memory this may be set to timed +E/E. The RKP has frozen again showing <<SET 1>> and no code(master, engineer... or any other) will get me out of it.

Taking all power off and cycling power back on will get things back to normal but why is the panel freezing up all the time.

I have a theory that because the full set for Area 1 is set up as timed + E/E and I didnt open and close the front door (E/E point) before the time had elapsed thats why its freezing up.

Surely this shouldnt happen or have I found some crazy bug ih Gardtecs software!!!

Am I going crazy :realmad::realmad:

Anyone any ideas or seen anything like tis before

System comprises

4 PIrs

2 wireless units linked to 8 vibration battery based sensors

1 bell box

3 magnetic door/open-close sensors (including front door which is E/E point)

Area 1 comprises all but 2 PIRS

Area 2 is just 2 PIRs (Hall and Lounge)

All zones test OK in test mode by the way

Why are you using areas on such a small system?

You would make your life alot easier if you used part sets.

As for the problems, everyone always tells you to replace batteries when a panel is going a bit daft. It could be down to many things, but the best way to prove if it has locked out is to activate a detector when it is 'SET'.

The only other issue could be a DD243 setting that will not allow you to unset by code??

OK now I am completely confused

Gardtec 595 panel set up with 2 areas. Tried to test setting ony area 1 (from memory this may be set to timed +E/E. The RKP has frozen again showing <<SET 1>> and no code(master, engineer... or any other) will get me out of it.

Taking all power off and cycling power back on will get things back to normal but why is the panel freezing up all the time.

I have a theory that because the full set for Area 1 is set up as timed + E/E and I didnt open and close the front door (E/E point) before the time had elapsed thats why its freezing up.

Surely this shouldnt happen or have I found some crazy bug ih Gardtecs software!!!

Am I going crazy :realmad::realmad:

Anyone any ideas or seen anything like tis before

I had the same problem a while back but I cant remember how I resolved the issue.

Something tells me it was the way the codes were set up, but I could be totally wrong.

If I remenber I will post, unless someone else can help.

Ok sorted now for anyone interested

Problem was caused by a Fire Alarm on a zone. The zone had no areas assigned to it. Powering down and restarting clears the RKP lock and then reassiging the zone to an area allows the system to set normally.

Probably shuoldnt happen (software should error or warn but it does!!!)

This may only be related to zones set with a fire attribut rather than a normal 12h zone but who knows........

Archived