Security Installer Community

Securit 700L - Sensor Issues

mralcox

Hi there, hope you can help.

We moved into our home about 6 years ago and the house had a securit 700L fitted which wasn't working.. The batteries had rotted and they had cut the cable in the attic to kill it, along with disconnecting the mains.

Anyway, i fixed the unit and it worked great but we've not been able to set it due to having a dog in the house all the while that triggered the sensors.

The dog is no longer with us and we want to start setting the alarm but it now errors when trying to set it..

The keypad doesn't stop beeping alarm with internal siren unit elsewhere in the house. The only light displayed is zone 1, but I think that all the sensors as they're in series.

The tamper light wasn't displayed on the keypad but since removing a PIR cover now is lit up constantly... even when a reset is done..

I have noticed 2 PIR's in the house do not light up when walking around, however when opened they do trigger the tamper circuit as you'd expect.

Could it be that the sensors are still working in series with tamper switch etc but simply not sensing..??

Can i replace these sensors with any from a DIY shop..??? Do I need to get the same type, and where would i get them from..?

Is there something else that could have stopped them working..?

The setup is as follows:

Alarm key panel by front door

Main alarm unit upstairs in a cupboard

Sensors in all main rooms.

Internal siren unit in the hallway in the middle of the house. (does alarm when triggered but beeps when trying to set)

External unit outside on the front of the house. (it is flashing and does alarm when triggered)

Would really appreciate your help.!!!!

The keypad doesn't stop beeping alarm with internal siren unit elsewhere in the house. The only light displayed is zone 1, but I think that all the sensors as they're in series.

The tamper light wasn't displayed on the keypad but since removing a PIR cover now is lit up constantly... even when a reset is done..

I have noticed 2 PIR's in the house do not light up when walking around, however when opened they do trigger the tamper circuit as you'd expect.

Could it be that the sensors are still working in series with tamper switch etc but simply not sensing..??

Can i replace these sensors with any from a DIY shop..??? Do I need to get the same type, and where would i get them from..?

Is there something else that could have stopped them working..?

Firstly you have an open circuit on zone 1 this would normally be a front door this could be a place to start.

Your PIR's sound old and have lost there effectiveness with age. They will require replacing.

You do not need the same type, any hard wired sensor will do ... but remember you get what you pay for.

Electrical or Alarm Supplies would be the first places to try.

There may be a problem with a tamper switch on the PIR.

If you put all the equipment back together and try resetting the panel as follows...

Code > Code > #

This should reset the tamper.

Archived