Security Installer Community

Auto Pay For Congestion Charge

arfur mo

TFL have announced auto pay fr congestion charging, i.e. the camera clips you plate and bills your credit or debit card.

The new charge is £10 a day if paid in advance or on the day, £12:00 if paid after 10pm or next day, but auto pay will be £9.00.

i asked them to o tis several years ago, my son could never remmeber to pay it, and got many fines (and he not me paid them).

from previous debate some will recoil at the very idea, but is see it surely better to argue over an errant £9 charge than get slapped with a non payment fine. i'll put as much time into a meter as i can, just to avoid getting a £70 ticket if i get delayed.

cost £10 a year to register, for those companies with several engineers, that will save you on the recovering the costs of the fines the 1st time it happens an engineer forgets to pay it.

http://www.tfl.gov.u...7096.aspx#about

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Just a small correction.

It's not a congestion charge .... it's a driving tax!

;),

i was defining between Fuel Duty, Road Fund Licence, VAT ..................................................

Arfur

;),

i was defining between Fuel Duty, Road Fund Licence, VAT ..................................................

Arfur

I wasn't criticising you .... but the local and national government that try to fool us by calling them all different things .... when in reality they are all just tax

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Do what a previous company did.

Get the vans fitted with LPG. You recoup the cost against not paying Congestion Charge in year one.

As long as your in and out of there on a regular basis.

Personally I was in there every day, cost was £8.00 per day. Average £1920 a year or there abouts on a 48 week year.

Also cheaper to run! And now far more garages selling the product.

Of couse you dont have to use it once your registered just silly not to.

Found the van ran smoother and faster on LPG just ran a bit hotter.

Saved me a fortune in Private mileage costs too.

LPG converion not an option on diesel engines unfortunately, i was loking at getting a discovery petrol to do this on, was told by one garage that did the pucker conversions, TFL don't automatically accept them, i'd assume on older vehicles?

tbh i tend to turn down work inside the zone unless very lucrative or labour only, takes to long in trafic to travel in, do say a simple system one fault and your seriously out of pocket by the time you again pay parking & fuel, then have to get somewhere you can do some work, just not really viable imho.

so don't go in that often, deliberately shed most those clients i had inside it. when i do go inside it, as soon as i pass the cameras i pull over and text the payment or sods law i'll forget.

paying such taxes fines is the one thing i hate worsethan junk mail :rolleyes: .

Arfur

Thanks Oxo,

i had heard of some firms using a water spray to reduce fuel consumption, i was not aware of this invotion. sent off an enquiery to see the cost out of curiosity not sure if i wil go for it as theToyta Powervan is very good on fuel already.

while not a 'true' conversion because it still use's diesel mixed with LPG, you don't seem to need to start on diesel, then switch over as you do with petrol conversions, so looks good,

anyone thinking of doing ths would need to check with TFL for comment about congestion charge exemption,

Arfur

Archived