Security Installer Community

1852 Intruder Alarms And Emergency Systems

sjsturner

Why impose a restriction of having to be already in the trade?

Some say quals should be a necessity, imposing a restriction shows how little thought goes into planning for the future in the industry.

sorry cubit i didnt explain properly.

for people who are and have been working in the industry for some time should be able to do this course through an online distance learning because they will be able to digest the information a lot easier because they are working with these systems and will already know a good portion of the content.

for those who dont work in the industry i think college is the only option so they can have some hands on time.

my problem is the course is not run in my area but if i was sent the content and assesments im sure i could acheive it without having to travel 300 miles to go college one day a week!

i dont need the nvq just wanted to see the coursework side of it.

for people who are and have been working in the industry for some time should be able to do this course through an online distance learning because they will be able to digest the information a lot easier because they are working with these systems and will already know a good portion of the content.

for those who dont work in the industry i think college is the only option so they can have some hands on time.

my problem is the course is not run in my area but if i was sent the content and assesments im sure i could acheive it without having to travel 300 miles to go college one day a week!

I did my 1852 on block release (1 week block, 7 blocks a year) at Preston college, there were guys from all over the country in my class

Hey Ho, Lets Go

I did my 1852 on block release (1 week block, 7 blocks a year) at Preston college, there were guys from all over the country in my class

thats not a bad way of doing it really.

i know of about 20-30 people around here who want to do it but the college wont run it.

perhaps they dont have tutors skilled in this industry?

when i did 2330 the tutors used to ask me about fire and security and i had to teach the class!

That would be too sensible.

Distance learning can also be far more effective than many people think. However, it does need the right materials and of course, willing students.

That would be too sensible.

Distance learning can also be far more effective than many people think. However, it does need the right materials and of course, willing students.

agreed.i would be happy to pay a resonable fee to do it and generally people will push themselves a lot harder with no distractions and the incentive of the money theve spent on it!

When i did mine Mancat in openshaw was still doing the course, it was one day a week, got it changed to once a months though, couldn't be arsed with it.

When i did mine Mancat in openshaw was still doing the course, it was one day a week, got it changed to once a months though, couldn't be arsed with it.

Is it true they only do intruder at mancat?

Hey Ho, Lets Go

Right, no I did

1st year intruder

2nd year access

3rd year cctv

I alaways thought it was intruder only, thats all that was on the 1852 test. All simples anyway at that stage.

I thought about sending someone to preston, bit of a treck though.

Archived