Security Installer Community

A Kind Person Reminded Me Of Something,

Guest Oxo

Rented a flat for a week in Keswick. Just over the bridge into town. As you approach it from the M1. So great views from the windows.

4 min walk took you to the Cars of the stars Good fun

Rented a car for the time up there, Ford Scorpio fully loaded. Youngest complained he did not like the leather seats!!!!

Ex wife had been there b4 and wanted to go back, had a great time there when younger. We did all the lakes and walked to the top of scafell pike. Trust me its an effort with small children!

Fished 3 of the lakes too, and the river just across the road from the flat . Lakes produced a poor batch, but a decent Carp at 17lbs. Private fishery, not the "real" lakes.

Locals said to me as I fished under the bridge there is no fish here , high and muddy water being the reason they said....................Caught 3 Rainbow trout roughly 2lb 1 1/2 lb and 1lb. Was funny when pulling them out, on the spinner. One even asked for a go on the rod! He got one on the second cast!

Excellent supper was had. Nothing like fresh fish caught , gutted and cleaned by hand. ( cooked in foil with mixed herbs and cider, booze gets cooked off, just helps infuse the flavours).

People who live there are so lucky, great countryside.

Friendly people.

Awesome stars at night with a clear sky, had clear skys for all but one night. We sat on the balcony just "chewing fat" and being blown away by the views.

I might as well do a write up for the place................................

Just a Great place, what more can you say?

I have just been listening to JMJ in the car coming back from the Lakes whilst everyone else slept.

what are the roads like over there?

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

clear, but showing -2 coming back so steady away. (south Lakes btw)

Rented a flat for a week in Keswick. Just over the bridge into town. As you approach it from the M1. So great views from the windows.

4 min walk took you to the Cars of the stars Good fun

Rented a car for the time up there, Ford Scorpio fully loaded. Youngest complained he did not like the leather seats!!!!

Ex wife had been there b4 and wanted to go back, had a great time there when younger. We did all the lakes and walked to the top of scafell pike. Trust me its an effort with small children!

Fished 3 of the lakes too, and the river just across the road from the flat . Lakes produced a poor batch, but a decent Carp at 17lbs. Private fishery, not the "real" lakes.

Locals said to me as I fished under the bridge there is no fish here , high and muddy water being the reason they said....................Caught 3 Rainbow trout roughly 2lb 1 1/2 lb and 1lb. Was funny when pulling them out, on the spinner. One even asked for a go on the rod! He got one on the second cast!

Excellent supper was had. Nothing like fresh fish caught , gutted and cleaned by hand. ( cooked in foil with mixed herbs and cider, booze gets cooked off, just helps infuse the flavours).

People who live there are so lucky, great countryside.

Friendly people.

Awesome stars at night with a clear sky, had clear skys for all but one night. We sat on the balcony just "chewing fat" and being blown away by the views.

I might as well do a write up for the place................................

Just a Great place, what more can you say?

Yup, we go up usually once every 4-6 weeks. I bought our house off the friends we stay with, they were looking to move and change lifestyle, he has bought a DIY/Pet shop and is now living the 'Good Life' complete with a menagerie of animals. I take a Piriton before we go but they are a great couple and she cooks with all fresh, local ingredients, last night I had Steak and Ale pie with 21 day old steak, Mrs N had Venison, all finished off with Cartmel sticky toffee pudding as the factory is next door to his units.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Jealous, ya basket.

Got some steak marinating for tomorrow.

Think hearty casserole, pearl barley and all the rest.

Only got home made apple crumble with custard to finish, including the vanilla pod.

Archived