Security Installer Community

Rascal Super User Reset

Guest Pete

Hi, I currently have a Rascal Super Alarm panel. We moved into the house about 3 an a half years ago but the previous owners never gave us the Alarm code, (they say they can't remember it).

I have found the Engineer manual for it online and A friend who works in the Trade has found the Engineer code for it, however from the Manual I have found online it does not show how to reset the User code.

It shows me how to do a Hard reset and also how to change the Engineer code but not how to reset the User code or change the User code using the Engineer code.

The reason I need to do this now is that I am re plastering a Wall with a PIR on it and if I move it out of the way the system will tamper. I can use the Engineer code to un Tamper the system but it would be nice to have the user code so that we can start using the Alarm system properly.

If worst comes to worst then I'll have to do a hard reset and reprogram the circuits but I'm hoping to avoid that. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Pete

You cannot, it needs a complete reboot.

If your lucky you will not need to change anything. It may have been installed with all defaults running.

Do yourself a favour and get something a bit newer.

You cannot, it needs a complete reboot.

If your lucky you will not need to change anything. It may have been installed with all defaults running.

Do yourself a favour and get something a bit newer.

Ok Thanks, I think it will need a reprogram though as the defaults are

Circuit 1 Personal Attack (PA)

Circuit 2 Alarm Circuit

Circuit 3 Alarm Circuit, Isolate in Part Set

Circuit 4 Part Set Entry, Walk Through

Circuit 5 Full Set Entry, Part Set Entry

Full Set Exit Time 30 Seconds

Part Set Exit Time 15 Seconds

Entry Time 30 Seconds

Bell Ring Time 15 Minutes

According to the engineer manual online.

Thanks anyway

Pete

IF its fine I personally don't see the need to replace it.

I would of thought there is an option to wipe codes but if not just wipe the lot and reprogram.

Your mate should be able to do it in 5 mins. Alternatively do it yourself.

IF you need to ask questions here if create a new topic for each. But don't ask for assistance on how to wipe it, as for obvious reasons we will not discuss that on the public side of tsi

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Try 1234 thats the default code if that works to change the code its 1234 star 91 new code

I would get it serviced though they are pretty old panels and I guess that the battery wont of been changed for a while

Archived