Security Installer Community

Galaxy G2-20 Sms

Guest biggles

Guest biggles

Hi everyone , this is my first post so bare with me!!

Have been installing g2-20s for a while now offering the sms texting facility to my customers, my problem is with the reliability of the service provider numbers. Have been trawling through the internet searching for service providers which provide tap and so far have had no luck at all. Have also searched through these forums looking for answers but again not much help. Everyone seems to revert back to 078609800480 and this is what ive been using but is very unreliable especially at busy times during the day (8-6) . I set up a galaxy today and couldnt get it to work, came home tried mine and thats not working either. As my post says this is killing me going round and round in circles . CAN ANYONE OUT THERE HELP. ps Vodaphone number seems to work but hangs up just at the end!!!! DOH!! Regards David... PPS Have started up new company in glasgow (just me and one other) and are looking for work, Experience with all GENT fire panels all Galaxy panels, GDX door entry and many more .

The only system that has any reliability for sms over landline is the castle.

We use galaxy and the only way id use sms is with a paid for service provider. We decided against it after sits trials.

If you really need it on a gal then if look at using the bigger panel and a gsm board.

Do remember that sms isn't a reliable primary transmission system.

What we do is use the extended format digi that is in that panel and report to an arc. You can then send sms from the arc but as you get a real phone call with circuit information from a real person it isn't really required.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest biggles

Thanks for your prompt reply James. Yea have thought about stepping up to the 44 and bolting on the gsm module but its just the extra cost!! Most of my customers just now are going for the wireless route(which is a bit pricey) and it would just be to much to ask for an extra 150 for the 44 with gsm. Have been mainly installing house alarms and nobody these days seems to be interested in tying in with an arc . This is why ive been plumping with the sms route but i may go out and find a cheap speech dialler ,although i havent used them much!! Again thanks for your reply cheers dave..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Malcolm Colhoun

Yea,

Ive just started back into intalling after a year and a half out out of it. Put in a 2-44 (no GSM mod) and used the O2 centre number. Then tried every other one that I knew without success. So just to let you know that you're not alone. And I still need to find a solution.

Good luck.

Still using the same number on my G3-144 and always get the correct notification.

Same number as above.

Never let me down yet,

Crosses fingers!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived