Security Installer Community

G3 Contacts

johno63

To add more than one contact you use only one end of Line resistor at the furthest point, so the last device has two resistors. Imagine wiring the eol resistor as the 5th contact. I.e all reeds I'n series with the resistor.

Now fit 'bridging' resistors across each reed.

Not used G3 contacts, if they have a separate connection to detect substitution then follow the panels manual is best.

Intersting question, as far as I know the limit is what the panel supports as maximum contacts per zone. Personal preference is all contacts on dedicated zones, far easier to nail down any future false alarms or CNS, remember this is for the life of the system, so especially so for G3 substation errors, for what is a little added effort now.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

You never had to do this in 31 years of installation :hmm:

And?

32? 43 years more like, but how long they been I'n and more importantly useable?

I've not used G3 contacts I'n anger, as yet, mainly domestics my need would be for very few anyway, just to many niggies to be trusted IMHO and can't see the client being overly impressed with the aesthetics on a house when Tta he'd to. Polished wood front door.

Arfur

And?

32? 43 years more like, but how long they been I'n and more importantly useable?

I've not used G3 contacts I'n anger, as yet, mainly domestics my need would be for very few anyway, just to many niggies to be trusted IMHO and can't see the client being overly impressed with the aesthetics on a house when Tta he'd to. Polished wood front door.

Arfur

I was replying to the OP Arf!, His 'Introduction' post said he'd been installing for 31 years, I just thought that he would have come across putting more than one contact on a zone during that time-agreed though that G3 contacts are a tad more taxing to wire in series.

Richard.

379299 'Introduction' post said he'd been installing for 31 years, I just thought that he would have come across putting more than one contact on a zone during that time-agreed though that G3 contacts are a tad more taxing to wire in series.

Richard

My op's so deep sozzy's :)

You posted behind me thought you referred to my sole trading time lol!

I

Ist be getting tetchy in old sge;)

Regs

Alan

not easy with built in resistors, but easier on the gal than others.

See attached and just extend the theory.

post-6868-082110200 1285663095_thumb.jpg

So is there no dedicated 'substitution' indication as I'n trouble with pirs James ?

Seems dam daft if not IMHO

Is there any restriction under G3?

Arfur

So is there no dedicated 'substitution' indication as I'n trouble with pirs James ?

they are immune arf.

you can either detect or use immune contacts.

i personally think detection and tampers are a bad idea.

yes there is a restriction on G3

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived