Security Installer Community

Sd1+ Speech Dialer

rossibufc

unfortunately no, it has 3 options only,

non of which offer any remote control by dialling in, it's output only changes state as a result of the diallers internal actions as per option chosen.

a couple of ways to look at this,

1) what's the concern about having false alarms? not being intentionally rude here but if your installing then you should be confident in your own competence and so have no worries.

2) if your mate is so paranoid then your far better to have short siren run time of say 5 min's, at least until the system proves reliable. then you can make it 10 mins.

3) if you do as you intend, and say it is a real break in, ok siren sounds and intruder runs off all well and good as planned, so now your mate switches off the system remotely from work. an opportunist, on seeing broken window/kicked in door or not unknown for the original intruder to return = happy days as no alarm system - good way to loose a mate.

that's the very good reason why modern alarms auto re- arm, so just think it through ;)

Arfur

PS there are systems that allow remote control via a phone, even allow to listen in.

To start I dont want to dial in to the alarm, my mate has a reason why he wants the bells off if he acknowledges alarm.

On point 1 - Yes I did install the system for him and am confident in my ability.

On point 2 - No my mate is not paranoid, the alarm is reliable.

On point 3 - The alarm is not protecting a premises so no break in will occur.

Again I dont need to listen or dial in, its not a conventional alarm system.

Insurrance is a good point to mention

Many dom't know if they don't use the existing alarm, even if insurrance did not stipulate one, and they get burgled, ins co often reduce or refuse to pay out.

You have not taken "all avaialble precautions", samr ss getting done on s hot night by a cat burglar.

total can of worms

Arfur

Insurance is not an issue in this case. Just wanted to know about the output as it seemed a cheap and easy to achieve what he wanted. cheers.

If he doesn't want it ringing for 15 minutes, just use the dialler to alert you of an alarm activation and disconnect the bell.

He is using it as an intruder alarm and not a freezer alarm or gas alarm etc?

Reminds me I fitted a Gardtec 580 many years ago with a water level detector at Queens Club tennis.

If the tank overflowed it caused an alarm warning the security guards ect.

All fair and well, but it was above "centre court" apparently it went off during a match..............hehehehehehehehehe One sqwarky Flashguard as a important match was being played!

Class!

I was sent to fit a master nlsster in Basildon hospital pharmacy n- oposite the iintersive care wards

Did not impress the consultant for some strange reason ;)

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived